Eden Scott Wins Framework for Contractor and Permanent resource supply to Moray East
Eden Scott are delighted to announce the company has been selected under competitive tender as one of only two suppliers to the 950MW Moray East Offshore Windfarm project in the Outer Moray Firth.
The project is expected to reach Final Investment Decision this month which will signal the commencement of the execution phase shortly after. The £2b+ project is a Joint Venture between EDP Renewables, Engie and Diamond Generating Europe.
Once complete, the project will generate enough electricity to power 1 million homes and is exciting news for the Scottish and UK economies.
Moray East Key Facts:
- Consent for construction of up to 1,116MW granted in 2016
- CfD for 950MW awarded in 2017 at £57.50 per mw/hr strike price
- Connection to National Grid at a new substation to be constructed at New Deer in Aberdeenshire via underground cable (planning permission granted by Aberdeenshire Council in 2014)
- Total underground export cable corridor route 86km (52km offshore and 34km onshore)
- Total windfarm Area – 295km2
- Maximum turbine blade-tip height – 204m (669 feet)
- Minimum distance from shore – 22km (13.5 miles)
Eden Scott’s Associate Director, Michael Lynch, commented
Moray East is an exciting project which is significant for Scotland and the UK. It’s great to see an offshore wind project of this scale and complexity coming to fruition in Scotland and Eden Scott looks forward to playing a key role in identifying and presenting the best talent available to the project.