Success For The First Aberdeen Accountancy and Finance Exchange
The Eden Scott Aberdeen team recently held a careers seminar and networking event for accountancy and finance professionals in the granite city.
Accountancy and finance professionals turned up in droves, armed with business cards ready to mingle and network.
The key points highlighted were:
Aberdeen Accountancy & Finance Trends
- Average earnings in Aberdeen are 21% above the national average.
- A large number of finance professionals are making a name for themselves as business partners.
- Qualifications have always been core to the accountancy profession, but they are becoming increasingly important to employers of payroll professionals, credit managers and treasurers.
- With the high demand for qualified accountants, being ICAS, ACCA and CIMA we find that a lot of these people are not sure which route to take after they qualify.
- Eden Scott has found jobs for over 150 accountancy and finance professionals in Aberdeen over the past 6 months.
- Good recruiters are relationship oriented. This can be gleaned from the kind of conversation they have with you as either a candidate or a hiring manager.
- They don't send mass, untargeted emails - ever!
- Ask the recruiter for references. They should be able to prove their capabilities to you.
How to Recognise a Good Recruiter
Those that attended the evening also had the chance to win a special prize. Congratulations to Amy Gordon who won a premium bottle of whisky.
There was a great buzz in the air on the night, with a great deal of enthusiasm and positivity from everyone that came along. A true indication of how passionate Aberdeen's accountancy and finance professionals are about their field.
Thank you to everyone who attended the Eden Scott Accountancy and Finance Exchange, we look forward to welcoming you to our next event.