About Dundee and Angus College
Energy and Innovation
Dundee and Angus College is a vibrant and exciting place to work. The College serves the urban centre of Dundee and the rural hinterland of Angus and works hard to meet the needs of its varied communities with imagination and passion. The College enjoys excellent relationships with local councils and with all the top firms and companies in the area. The College also works really well alongside the two local universities, and many students progress on to degree study. In terms of performance the College regularly achieves outstanding results in HE and FE and has had very strong Education Scotland reports going back over the years. The culture of the college is to support and nurture our learners and encourage them to make the most of their abilities. Staff in D and A College are always looking to innovate and to improve what they do, and how they deliver their service.
"To generate regional economic growth and social well-being through the provision of skills and education for individuals, employers and the wider community”.
"Leading Learning, Inspiring Success"
By 2020 we want to be seen as a vibrant, dynamic and confident college that inspires success in its students and staff, delivers outstanding performance, and is highly regarded and sought after by partners, employers and the wider community.
In order to achieve this vision we aim:
- To develop confident, successful learners who are inspired by their learning experience, achieve their full potential and are actively sought by employers
- To have a major impact on regional and national economic success
- To be highly valued and trusted by all who work with us
- To have staff who are excellent at what they do and are proud and happy to work here
- To create learning spaces and facilities that are dynamic, inviting and inspire success
- To deliver innovative and exciting technology solutions that widen access, transform learning and enhance work
- To ensure financial sustainability and generate significant funds for future investment
Equality & Diversity
Dundee and Angus College is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities for its staff, students and other stakeholders and undertakes to adhere to all relevant legislation.
Through our Equality and Diversity Policy and related procedures we set a range of clear objectives and approaches to ensure that we encourage and support all individuals, irrespective of protected characteristic, to develop and fulfil their potential. By doing so, our students and staff are given an equal opportunity to engage with and benefit from the services we offer and to maximise their contribution to College life and to the future economic success of Angus, Dundee and beyond.
We ensure that all staff, students and other stakeholders are treated equally, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and marriage and civil partnership.
We strive to eliminate all forms of discrimination and to celebrate the diversity of people who are directly and indirectly involved in the College.