About Dundee & Angus
About Dundee & Angus
Dundee & Angus is a compact area on the north east coast of Scotland which offers the perfect combination of both city and country life. Enjoy the exciting pace of life in the city of Dundee and explore the charming towns and villages throughout Angus.
Known as ‘one city, many discoveries’, Dundee is Scotland’s fourth largest city and sits on the banks of the River Tay in the east of the country. This city has an industrial history stretching back over the years, and has been home to many inventors who have played an important role in many fields. Dundee has developed over the past years and now supports many up-and-coming industries such as life sciences, digital media and arts and culture.
With its majestic glens, breathtaking coastline and a cosmopolitan, dynamic city, Dundee & Angus offers residents a high quality of living alongside outstanding natural beauty.
Living In Dundee
There is an excellent mix of traditonal and new build homes around the region with ready availability. The city offers trendy apartments in converted jute mills through to high quality executive houses and there are also many attractive rural towns and villages nearby. The areas housing stock provides excellent value for money and an outstanding transport network allows country living with an easy commute, should you wish.
Dundee is the first Scottish city to become a Fibrecity, meaning that businesses, organisations and residents have access to Fibrespeed - the fastest way of sending and receiving data.
- Only Scottish City shortlisted for UK City of Culture 2017 Study
- High-quality schooling throughout the region
- The city has a beautiful collection of parks and open spaces and a multi-award-winning revamped city centre
- Dundee is also within a short drive time of Scotland's most spectacular scenery and outdoor pursuits including kayaking, hill-walking and ski-ing
- Dundee is at the heart of one of the most fertile golfing regions in the world, with St Andrews, Carnoustie and Gleneagles all within 30 minutes drive time
- £1 billion Dundee Waterfront regeneration
The V&A Museum of Design Dundee, is due to be open in 2018. Hotels, businesses and retailers are reaping the rewards of the ongoing city transformation while expectant of significant growth potential as a further 7,000 jobs are created through the Dundee Waterfront project.
Opportunities for developers, investors and a wide range of business ventures still exist in what is shaping up to be one of Western Europe's most extensive and transformative waterfront projects and one of Scotland's biggest waterfront regenerations.