The Winchburgh Vision
The vision for Winchburgh is to create the most sustainable and attractive small town in urban Scotland, offering unparalleled living and workplace standards to residents and businesses alike, who aspire to their objective for excellence in an inclusive, growing community.
The ambition is for Winchburgh to grow to become the best community in Scotland for people and businesses to invest in. They aim to achieve this by delivering the services, amenities and infrastructure that will create the resident and occupier demand that their development and investment partners rightly expect.
The development is an expansion of the historic village of Winchburgh in West Lothian, located 12 miles west of Edinburgh and 7 miles from Edinburgh Airport.
When complete, the Winchburgh Developments Ltd-led masterplan will have co-ordinated innovative inward investment resulting in the delivery of a vast array of projects including:
- At least 3,800 new homes with a wide variety of sizes and house types;
- 750 affordable homes, including over 450 homes for social rent;
- Expansion of two existing primary schools;
- A state-of-the-art joint school campus incorporating two secondary schools and a primary school;
- A shared community hub providing access to new sports facilities including a swimming pool;
- A new 85-acre district park and a series of smaller neighbourhood parks;
- A new canal marina with moorings and associated leisure activities;
- A dedicated junction providing easy access to the motorway network;
- A new rail station and park & ride facility;
- Enhancements to walking, cycling and local road networks;
- A 50-acre employment park; and
- The formation of a modern purpose-built town centre providing a range of uses including retail, medical services, food and drink, children’s nursery, offices, electric vehicle charging and more…
The Winchburgh project is the result of a number of crucial partnerships. In 2018, a joint venture between West Coast Capital and CALA Homes, in partnership with Scottish Government and West Lothian Council secured the future of the development
“In my role as a local Councillor Winchburgh Developments have been immensely supportive and I am assured that if I need assistance with an enquiry that I will most certainly obtain that support from John Hamilton and his colleagues.
From the inception of the Development, it is quite clear that Winchburgh Developments have taken great care to get to know the residents and the Community and have handled this approach with a degree of sensitivity which is very much appreciated.”
Cllr Diane Calder, Broxburn, Uphall and Winchburgh Ward
For more on this project check out the Winchburgh website.