This represents a fantastic opportunity to join our global client in a broad Accounting role which provides exposure to all aspects of the business, with cross functional responsibilities and direct exposure to senior management.
As part of a small finance team this Accountant role covers various aspects of financial accounting, joint venture accounting and cost control processes within a growing business and ideal for those looking for opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
- Day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of accounting and reporting relating to a significant operated joint venture of the group
- Management of joint venture banking facilities including currency hedging, transactions in multiple currencies, partner requests for funding, loan draw downs etc., in accordance with contract agreements
- Apply, develop and maintain appropriate control processes and procedures relating to the operated joint venture
- Provide information to Finance Managers for inclusion in the monthly Board Pack
- Provide inputs to assist with the preparation of budgets and re-forecasts of the group
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for selected legal entities of the group
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives and joint venture partners, to ensure credibility of the finance team by providing timely and accurate financial information as well as providing general financial support as required
- Assist with ad-hoc project work and other responsibilities across the finance team as required
You will be a qualified Accountant (CA, CIMA, ACCA) with relevant post qualification experience or qualified by experience and demonstrable skills and experience. You will have prior exposure to Oil and Gas industry and experience within an Accounting practice would be advantageous.