Electrical Project Manager
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with a major Scottish utility company, to recruit an Electrical Project Manager to join the team in Aberdeen, starting at the end of January 2021, on a contract basis (end date tbc).
The successul candidate will be responsible for managing and delivering a portfolio of E&M projects within PFI contracted wastewater treatment sites around the Aberdeen area.
- Scope Management - Support OPS to develop business case and develop into solutions, responsible to deliver the project once project scope is agreed;
- Design Management - Managing design consultant / contractor to develop the agreed solution into design package and manage the estimate; Be able to identify the key design document required for projects and review them;
- Budget Management - Understand and managing project cost / forecast; Be able to review contractor quotations and building up project estimate;
- Risk Management - Be able to identify project risks(H&S and Financial) and proactively manage these risks from the concept stage to handover and project closure; effectively using manage actions to remove, mitigate or control risks, in order to minimise the impacts to projects.
- Planning - Use Microsoft Programme to create and maintain project plan (programme); understand the critical patch/critical activities of each project;
- Procurement / Commercial Awareness - NEC3 or NEC4 experience, understanding different options and risks associated; effectively using NEC forms once contract in place e.g. EW and CE;
- Construction Management - Managing contractors and ensure they are working safely and efficiently on site; problems solving;
- Handover - Managing the handover smoothly and ensure project closed on time with output delivered.
Knowledge & Skills
- Electrical Engineering Knowledge and Experience is essential, good to have Mechanical or Civil Engineering Knowledge. MCC and CHP Project Knowledge or Experience will be desirable;
- Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Effective communication in both writing and verbally
- Understand H&S requirement for each specific project and familiar with CDM2015
- Project Management / Site Management experience
- Good Problem Solving Skills
- Good team player and responsible for the tasks given by the Team Leader
Good to have
- Wastewater Treatment Knowledge & Experience
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance to Jill Macdonald. I would be delighted to have a confidential discussion about the role.