A leading local construction group who have a rich history within the area and have built a fantastic reputation by producing high-end projects within the civil sector. This company are well renowned for valuing their employees and as a result have a core team of long-standing successful employees. A Senior Estimator is required to join a team of three in the Estimating Department.
To prepare, produce and submit competitive tenders for commercial and residential projects ranging in value from £50k to £20m typically.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepare and submit market competitive tenders in line with company guidelines.
- Obtain materials and subcontractor quotations.
- Prepare take offs from tender documents received.
- Organise and track market price of equipment, material and construction costs.
- Review tender documentation, in order to prepare accurate cost estimation.
- Prepare handover documentation for successful projects and attend internal pre-start meetings.
- Attend tender adjudication meetings and tender interviews where required.
- Support/mentor/train Estimating team members as assigned.
- Supervise work of Estimating team members as assigned.
- Provide cover for the Estimating Manager in his/her absence.
- Complete any other duties as might be reasonably required.
Salary and generous benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance (£490 per month)
- Fuel allowance
- Generous pension contribution
Background and experience
The successful applicant will be an experienced Estimator ideally with civils experience and be competent in submitting tenders ranging from £50k to £20m. They will also hold the below competencies:
- Demonstrate full knowledge of bills of quantities including method of measurement.
- To be able to demonstrate excellent numerical and mathematical skills in order to calculate costs.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and to participate fully as a team member and produce measurable results.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge of local market price for cost of construction material, equipment and industrial process systems.
- Experience working with a recognised estimating software package such as Microsoft Office or Causeway Estimating.
For further information or for an informal confidential discussion, please call Adam Emery on 01224 653 361 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.