Corporate Affairs Specialist
Eden Scott's client, a leading utility company in Scotland, is looking for an experienced Corporate Affairs Specialist to join them on a permanent basis. This role will provide senior and specialist communications and engagement support which builds confidence and trust in customers and stakeholders, for all activities which will protect and enhance the organisation's reputation and achieve sustainable business outcomes.
The role-holder will ensure all appropriate communication and engagement opportunities and channels are identified, risks are minimised, and value added to the organisation.
The role holder will be required to deputise for the Corporate Affairs Manager in their region and operate at a senior level internally and externally in relation to the management of sensitive, complex, or challenging issues.
The post holder for this role can be based in the Aberdeenshire, Angus, Moray, Dundee or Perth & Kinross area.
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring, coaching and support to communications and engagement officers in their own team and other regional and hub teams.
- Lead the development and delivery of communications and engagement plans, which will promote activity, keep all key audiences fully informed, aware, and engaged and minimise the risk to the business reputation.
- Dealing with sensitive and complex enquiries from stakeholders including the media, both proactively and planned, and responding effectively to unplanned day-to-day requests to provide clear, factual, and accurate information which represents the business' position and minimises the risk to reputation.
- Use the full range of digital channels including website and appropriate social media as part of our communications delivery to maximise audience reach and engagement.
- Creating audience-appropriate content which is clear and consistent and meets the needs of our customers, stakeholders and staff and aligns with business objectives.
- Responsibility for maintaining a focus in the region on the SCEM (Stakeholder and Community Experience Measure) measure and the impact the performance of the team has on the monthly score.
- To work collaboratively with senior colleagues in all parts of the business and associated partners to ensure that all aspects of the capital programme that impact on customers, stakeholders and reputation are communicated effectively allowing a joint team approach to delivering customer excellence with responsibility for high impact and/or reputational risk.
Skills & Knowledge
- Previous experience in Corporate Affairs/Public Affairs and the knowledge and experience of the political structure & environment (i.e., governance, such as Scottish Government, DWQR, WICS, SEPA, HSE; political; both at national e.g., MSPs and at local level e.g., councillors and community councillors.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior colleagues
- Ability to develop good working relationship with senior stakeholders and partners.
- Strong ability to negotiate and influence internally and externally.
- Knowledge and experience of how the media and social media operates in a Scottish context such as awareness of local newspapers, websites, blogs, radio stations and community groups who communicate in an online community environment.
Due to the nature of the role, travel will be required and therefore a full driving license is essential.
The salary scale for this role is £33,684 - £46,224, plus large company benefits. To apply please send your CV.