Authorised Wind Turbine Technician
Eden Scott is delighted to be working in partnership with our client, an independent wind energy supplier in their search for an Authorised Technician to join an expanding team. The vacancy is with a forward-thinking and innovative firm and is required to satisfy demand and to contribute to facilitating the on-going development of the firm as they continue to fight the renewable fight.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Undertake scheduled preventative maintenance and servicing.
· Carry out corrective maintenance; fault-finding, troubleshooting, and repair on all turbine systems which will include mechanical, electrical and hydraulic assemblies.
· Proactive repair or component replacement to prevent complete failure or system downtime ensuring the highest level of turbine availability
· Provide out of hours and weekend response to turbine breakdown.
· Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements including the WTSR
· Assist in providing solutions to the Technical Manager.
· Service Engineer with Gamesa G8X/G5X and/or Vestas V47 background
· Troubleshooting and Fault-Finding experience
· Knowledge of G8X DFM/DTC Converters or G5X DAC Converters
· Computer skills; word processing, spreadsheets, email, management and reporting systems, including the use of diagnostic and troubleshooting tools
· Willing to work overtime on weekends, bank holidays and on short notice.
Participates in an on-call schedule.
· Valid EU/UK driver's license and acceptable driving record
· Fluent in English