General Manager (House Manager)
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Shieldhill Castle Hotel situated just outside the market town of Biggar, South Lanarkshire. The Castle is an elegant and stunning property for events, fine dining and an overnight stay with family and friends or for a away day/corporate event. The Castle has recently undergone a remarkable transformation which has enhanced the natural beauty of the 12th Century Castle.
The Castle is situated just off the A702 and nestled on private estate grounds in the beautiful Scottish countryside, a short journey away from both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the hotel as General Manager (House Manager) for all aspects of operations at the hotel. The role will provide leadership and strategic planning to support the success of the business and will work very closely with the hotel owners and other stakeholders.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee the operational function of the hotel including Kitchen, Restaurant, Bar, Bedrooms and Lounges.
- Responsible for Occupational Health & Safety Act, Fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Ensure full compliance of hotel operating controls, standard operating procedures, policies, and service standards.
- Oversee and manage all departments and working closely with Head Chef, Assistant Manager, Maintenance and the Operational team on a daily basis.
- Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
- Devise and communicate the weekly rotas and allocation of tasks, ensuring sufficient coverage across all activities in each area.
- Work closely with the Head Chef on menu development ensuring quality and cost aligns to budget
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Handle complaints and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and financial control of the hotel's annual Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget and update on a monthly basis.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for rooms, food and drink are on target.
- Manage the procurement of supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party suppliers for essential equipment and services.
- Act as a final decision maker in recruitment of employees.
- Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
- Work with the Marketing team on Marketing, Events and Offers, including signing off social media promoting the events and offers.
Key skills and experience required:
- The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience. Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Experience in opening or managing a hotel with a clear track record.
- A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
- Applying candidates must have access to their own transport and have a valid driving license.
This role offers an excellent competitive salary and significant company benefits including generous pension with a 10% employer contribution, car allowance of £3000pa, 36 days holidays including bank holidays and a bonus.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with Shieldhill Castle Hotel on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV online or to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 12.00noon Friday 29th October 2021.