Operational Excellence lead
Eden Scott is delighted to be retained by Highland Spring to appoint an experienced Operational Excellence Lead.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will develop, lead and work with manufacturing to implement operational excellence process. You will champion and lead all continuous improvement and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities on site, ensuring efficient management of bottled water products.
This position covers all continuous improvement and operational excellence activities within manufacturing and includes providing operational support to the Manufacturing Support Manager as deputy for running factory operations.
- Develop, lead & work with the Manufacturing teams to implement Operational Excellence & Total Productive Maintenance processes
- Create, agree & implement line improvement plans for designated production lines to add value to the business bottom line by driving performance improvements in line with site KPI's
- Manage the delivery of the line improvement plans to drive performance on the production lines in line with the site KPI targets for OEE, line efficiency, conformance to changeovers and line downtime
- Work with the Maintenance Planner and engineers & support team to complete relevant documentation for TPM & ensure adherence operationally to settings, standards & agreed processes
- Work with Fells site team & Engineering Improvement Manager to standardize processes across both sites
- Provide operational leadership for factory operations as deputy to the support manager
- Work with the support manager to develop & standardise reporting, tracking, trending & processes for manufacturing shift teams, ensuring they achieve targeted levels on Key Performance Indicators i.e. Conformance to Plan, Line Efficiency and Conformance to Changeover
- Work with the support manager to support reporting & standardisation of engineering and manufacturing activities are undertaken in accordance with the agreed procedures and specifications such that the finished products integrity is not compromised
Key Skill & Requirements
- A detailed knowledge of and proven experience of driving best practice Operations management (Operational excellence, Total Productive Maintenance & CI tools)
- Qualified & proven experience in Continuous improvement/ Lean six sigma tools (Black belt/Operational excellence)
- Proven operational leadership & influencing ability
- Strong communicator and skilled at influencing colleagues at all levels within the organisation
- Experience of leading & inspiring teams and individuals
- Strong project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop, support & lead operational excellence & continuous improvement activities across teams & sites
- Computer literate- Strong Microsoft skills & proven ability to develop, standardise & implement reporting, used for tracking & trending Operational KPI's
- Budget management reporting experience (basic P&L understanding)
If you are interested in having an informal discussion to find out more please contact our retained consultant Alasdair Murray of Eden Scott directly on 07949 304 727
To apply please send a copy of your CV to Alasdair.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.