Regional Supervisor/ Service Manager
Eden Scott's client is an international renewable energy business specializing in the design, supply, installation and service/maintenance of large scale, high performance wind turbines. The company product range is well known and held in high regard within both onshore and offshore wind energy.
An excellent career opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Manager/Regional Supervisor to be based in Cambridgeshire, to join the Service department. The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for the effective running of our client's regional service centre, which is the base location for the post and which is the hub of activity for operational wind turbine service and maintenance in the South of England region. The post-holder will be the primary contact in the region for all customer contact and will oversee, lead and develop the team of service engineers operating within the field.
- Line management of all Service Engineers and Team Leaders, including recruitment and performance reviews
- Overseeing and directing the team focus in relation to delivery of all service and maintenance of Wind Turbine generators in the service centre region.
- Responsible for Health and Safety for all activities within the region
- Responsible for Service Centre Management (spares, materials, building and fittings) and Service vehicles
- Budget responsibility for local support activities
- Point of contact for all customers in local area
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Experience in a similar role within wind energy Service & Maintenance
- Strong line management experience and ability to lead and motivate sizeable teams
- Good computer literacy skills are essential
- Experience of implementing Health and Safety to the highest standards
- Background in the wind energy service and maintenance industry is essential, either at Team Lead or Site/Area Supervisor level ideally
- Physical fitness and ability to climb turbines as and when it may be necessary, although this is not expected to be a regular part of the role
- HV trained and able to provide practical advice on HV operation / contracts / switching would be advantageous
- Full driving license is essential, as is proximity to the service centre site therefore candidates must live or be willing to move to 1 hour commute from the service centre.
In return, our client is offering a competitive base salary and benefits package. This would be a good opportunity for an experienced hands-on team leader to take the next step into more of Service Management role.