Eden Scott's client, a leading utility company in Scotland, are looking for a Water Sampling Officer to join their team in the Dornoch area for a fixed term contract of up to 12 months initially.
This is a part-time role of 22 hours per week, Wednesday to Friday with the occasional weekend and standby working on a rota basis, meaning that you would need the flexibility to be on standby for 7 days, every 4 weeks.
The main purpose of the role is to prepare, collect and deliver samples of clean water within a given operational area, ensuring that all required samples are taken to comply with relevant legislation and operational needs and requirements.
- Collect samples accurately, in accordance with relevant quality standards and with reference to the governing Regulations and guidance for microbiology, chemistry and cryptosporidium parameters, detailing all relevant information and ensuring timely delivery to the appropriate laboratory for analysis.
- Responsible for the experience of the customer when making contact for the purpose of collecting samples from private contractors, non-domestic customers, and householders.
- Register and input all relevant information into the computerised data management system ensuring accuracy of your own and others' data entry. This data is used directly for information returns to regulatory bodies.
- Carry out on-site analysis and record all relevant information. Must be able to identify anomalous results and decide on priority of reporting.
- Ensure compliance with operating procedures, regulatory quality compliance and update and maintain quality system.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available for each task, utilising workload schedules for forward planning.
- Full driving licence, ideally used in a driving role, for example as a delivery driver/courier.
- Ideally experience of outdoor working
- Ability to work alone.
- Solid problem-solving abilities