Eden Scott's client based in Dundee is looking to recruit a Management Accountant on a 1 year fixed term contract with the potential to be extended. In this role you will provide management accounting support for one of their flagship departments in support of the head of that service area.
As a key member of the Finance team, the purpose of this role is to embed professional financial management in the operational business and provide financial assurance.
The role-holder will support the integrity of finance policy and accounting processes by the provision of technical financial and accounting advice, supporting the wider finance team in the delivery of a high quality professional service to the organisation.
They will also assist in the provision of reporting, developing existing systems and reports to meet both internal and external requirements.
You will be responsible for;
- Assisting the Finance Manager with the production of management accounts for the department
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and operating plans and liaise with budget holders
- Liaise with and challenge budget holders on the preparation of financial forecasts
- Ensure the provision of financial support to the leadership team and the other budget holders
- This will include the provision of ad-hoc reports, variance analysis and responses to other financial queries
- Ensure the financial integrity of the completed accounts
- Manage a team of Finance Analysts
To be considered for this role you will hold;
- A full professional membership of a relevant Accounting body (CIMA, ACCA, ICAS, ICAEW)
- A degree gained in a Higher Education environment to a minimum of Bachelor's level
- You will be highly proficient using Office (MS Excel in particular), financial and other business systems
- Ability to define priorities and work flexibly and effectively under pressure to meet demanding and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- High level, hands-on IT skills with a proven record of development and achievement in the provision of management information
- Good problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply technical knowledge in practical business environment
- An appreciation of the need to maintain accuracy, and the ability to proactively check work to ensure that this is delivered
- Strong understanding of budgetary control processes and the principles of devolved budget management
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Good team working skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial information
- Application of financial/business processes and controls
- Operation of devolved financial management
- Up-to-date knowledge of technical accounting developments and practice
- Thorough understanding of fundamental accounting principles and transactions
- Understanding of systems/services and their dependencies across organisational functions
- Experience of management accounting in a large and complex organisation
- Adaptable and open to change
- Ability to deal with challenging situations
- Excellent business report writing skills
To ensure you don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity please apply with a CV and contact details.
Alternatively you can reach us via 0131 550 1100 or www.edenscott.com for an informal discussion ahead of a formal application.
This is just one of several opportunities that we have available at any point in time, to hear more about how Eden Scott can help to enhance your finance and accounting career please get in touch.