Accounts Payable Clerk
Eden Scott's client is a small to medium sized business that is looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team. This is an office-based role that is best suited to someone with access to a car. Our client offers on site parking.
If you are someone that takes pride in what they do, is organised and are able to work to tight deadlines then this our client could be the perfect fit for you.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure all purchase invoices are processed onto the company's accounting software daily.
- Responsibility for checking purchase invoices posted by others for accuracy before sending to the Branch Manager for payment approval.
- Maintain the purchase ledger filing system, including filing processed purchase invoices daily.
- Supplier statement reconciliations daily as required.
- Supplier payments, both via the weekly supplier payment run and any ad-hoc payments which may be required.
- Process invoices and payments in foreign currency as required and account for any exchange rate gains and losses.
To be successful in this role you will be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience of using the company's accounting software, Moveware, and experience with Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll software would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Confidence in working with computers and willingness to learn new skills is essential, Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel and Word) is preferred.
- You should have good grades at Higher and/or Degree level. An accountancy or finance related subject would be preferred
If you are interested in finding out more then please apply with your CV and contact details ASAP and our experienced consultant will ring you for a confidential discussion.
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for the placement of permanent staff and acts as an employer for the delivery of temporary and interim solutions.