Assistant Market Development Manager (German markets)
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Tourism Organisation for Scotland. Their main aim is to contribute significantly to the advancement of Scottish tourism by giving it a real presence in the global marketplace and benefiting the whole of Scotland.
They work closely with the tourism industry in Scotland, helping them to find the latest news and research, get personalised business advice and give their visitors the best possible experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with the team in the role of Assistant Market Development Manager- Germany on a 12 month fixed term contract. Native or bilingual fluency in German is essential
This role will have hybrid working from home and any of their Scotland based offices.
The postholder will contribute to targeted growth from the German market (incl. Germany, Austria and Switzerland - DACH) through managing a portfolio of key accounts - including tour operators, online travel agents, airline vacation arms, DMCs and transport providers - with the aim of increasing availability and visibility of saleable Scotland product in the assigned markets and ensure that Scotland product is more widely promoted.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Keeping abreast of consumer and travel trade trends in the German-speaking markets, competitor activity and changes in product trends and sales channels.
- Provide input into Go-to-Market and campaign plans with regard to consumer insights as well as the opportunities afforded by the German/DACH travel trade and new sales channels.
- Support the delivery of consumer activity related to the market as delegated, bringing market insight to the development of e-newsletter and social media programmes as well as to brochure/digital guide development and consumer and partnership events.
- Develop and implement the distribution strategy for the German market, which will deliver measurable outputs in support of the team's goals for each brand. These will be measured in terms of new products introduced to market; product extension; increased profile and promotion of products; incremental sales.
- Manage travel trade platforms and ensure participation by appropriate partners including Scotland Reconnect/Expo, ITB, in market business development missions and sales missions etc in order to deliver growth and development targets.
- Identify key accounts among the trade in market and manage long term relationships with them towards achieving team and organisational goals for growth predominantly with regards to saleable Scotland product and promotion of Scotland.
- Lead in engaging the support of delegated key accounts (operators, travel agents, DMCs, airlines, ferries) in campaigns, enhancing their relevance and effectiveness through the inclusion of Scotland product messages and through brand affinity, as well as extending the reach of the campaigns through significant investment, financial and in kind.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for increasing the profile and content for Scotland in new online sales channels and through partnership working including general and specialist travel portals.
- Devise and lead on the implementation of the German team plan for the exploitation of the Reconnect/Expo travel trade fair. Demonstrate how this and other trade events generate valuable opportunities for the Scottish trade to work with suitable trade partners, and work with the Global Partnerships team to ensure these opportunities are promoted and taken up.
- Communicate expert knowledge of how to exploit trade channels, as well as trade sales calls and educational sessions virtually and on territory. Feedback product development needs, to ensure improved effectiveness among the Scottish industry and its regions.
Key skills and experience required:
Native or bilingual fluency in German is essential
Proven background in B2B marketing or business development
Relevant experience in an international marketing environment
Understanding and experience of the German travel trade industry
This role offers a very generous basic salary that depends on experience circa £26,000-£28,000pa plus various company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with our client on this vacancy.
No closing date has been set so to be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV online or to firstname.lastname@example.org and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.