Brand and Stakeholder Manager
Eden Scott is delighted to be working in partnership with one of the UK's largest generator of onshore wind energy, and the largest nonutility owner of onshore wind. With 34 wind farms located from Caithness to Cornwall, comprising 509 turbines and 690MW of installed capacity, they supply the equivalent of 420,000 homes annually, offsetting 0.75 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent a year.
The company Headquarters are in Edinburgh and this organisation has now created a new, senior marketing role as MBrand and Stakeholder Manager in a stand-alone role to take the lead on stakeholder engagement and marketing plans for the company, delivering demonstrable benefit through the delivery of the company's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals and brand strategy.
The role will interface closely with the Senior Management Team to support them in promoting the company Internationally and across the UK as they grow. This will be achieved by building strong relationships with all stakeholders including communities in the UK and Europe local to their wind farms and offices, promoting the brand and corporate mission, building content and utilising various media sources to ensure placement of news stories in local media, social media and online.
Communications and stakeholder engagement:
- Develop and lead the International and UK stakeholder engagement plan for the company, identifying priorities and key messaging for the stakeholder community.
- Gather intelligence and feedback from stakeholders to identify emerging issues, risks and opportunities, supported by data and key metrics
- As a subject matter expert, advise the Senior Management Team on Brand strategy stakeholder communications plan.
- Creatively design inspiring messages in response to responding to local community questions confidently and quickly.
- Using all forms of media, including social media, to promote the company as a responsible operator to local communities within the company's brand guidelines.
- Promote the company through, marketing, company website, events and appropriate sponsorship aligned to the mission and values of the company.
- Working closely with external PR partners, media and all stakeholders, build the brand to improve impact of investment in communities, regulators and industry bodies.
- Assist the company in communicating appropriately with all relevant stakeholders including councillors, local authority officers, education sector, local community groups and individuals, particularly in relation to lifetime extension, planning and consenting matters on our older wind farm sites.
Brand and marketing:
- Overall responsibility and ownership of the company website and associated analytics to ensure the website is best in class to communicate with all our stakeholders, including talent attraction and stakeholder support.
- Lead the development of content, collateral and key messaging to promote the corporate brand across the complete range of stakeholders and consistency externally across Europe and internally.
Community relationships and community funds:
- Assisting the Management Team in developing strong and meaningful relationships with community members, including landowners, local contractors, schools, employers and community groups, providing personal support on the ground as needed.
- Through relationships with community partners, monitor monthly and annually report on the utilisation of our community funding commitments. Create reports on engagement activities, including insights that illustrate the business impact of the community and monitor stakeholder satisfaction on a regular basis.
Knowledge & Experience:
International brand management
Public relations and Government Public Affairs
Experience with social media analytics tools
Ideally a strong interest in IT and Web subjects
Use of social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
Strong creative and editorial skills
Good interpersonal skills and effective team working skills
Expert on what looks good on social media
Accuracy and attention to detail
This is a key role within a thriving organisation, salary dependant on experience circa £50,000-£55,000, generous benefits include contributory pension at 7%, private healthcare, discretionary bonus, 33 days holiday plus option to buy/sell holidays, perk box etc.
If you feel you match the above requirements and would like to learn more about this role please apply with CV stating salary expectation.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with this vacancy, for more details contact Sally Rae on 0131 550 1138 or firstname.lastname@example.org