Business Analyst - Edinburgh or Dunfermline based
An exciting role for a Business Analyst to make the complex as simple as possible, ensure the quality of projects and products and be champion a culture of continuous improvement. The organisation was bought by a market leader in May 2017, and is now on a new phase of its journey, with exciting ambitions to aggressively grow its customer base and service offering over the next 2-3 years.
They will be looking to streamline and automate business processes, test commercial opportunities and open up the market for business to the 1.5 million strong parent company customer base and other markets.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensuring the organisation always builds the best products and delivers the best outcomes for its customers
- Playing a leading role in project and product teams through precise requirement engineering
- Translating business needs into technical requirements enabling development teams to develop solutions iteratively
- Coaching exemplary business analysis skills to more junior colleagues to create a strong team who share knowledge across the department and the business as a whole
- Working in a highly collaborative manner with in-house and third party developers throughout the implementation process
- Leading on activities that ensure delivery is to time, cost, and quality
- Write (and facilitate the creation of) coherent user stories and acceptance criteria
- Create visuals to meet the needs of the audience. (i.e. high-level conceptual visuals, low-level detailed visuals and everything in between) including being able to map end to end as-is and to-be states
- Managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and ensuring the building of trusting relationships
- Understand the tangible benefits of any change, challenge the value of a business case through effective questioning and understanding, and ensure the potential of an idea will be both validated and realised
- Have 5+ years' experience in a BA role including on medium to large projects within an agile environment technical and business change environment (multiple workstreams, cross-functional teams, incremental deliveries)
- Have ideally completed two of the following
- Scrum master/product owner training
- BCS Certificate in Requirements Engineering
- BCS Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
Why you will love this role..
- Are passionate about working in a dynamic environment and responding to change
- Love working in cross-functional teams focused on delivering the right outcomes
- Seek to understand the impact of change the opportunities change presents impact with the ability to provide recommendations
- Find new concepts easy to understand, and show the tenacity to keep asking until clarity is achieved
- Love developing talent in your colleagues
Dunfermline or Edinburgh based.
If this job isn't what you're looking for - get in touch and we'll help you find a role that's right for you. Please contact me on 0141 410 1008 or send your CV to email@example.com
Is there someone you'd recommend?
Make all the networking pay off by referring a friend! In return, we'll make a financial contribution to a skills training course of your choice.
Get in touch for more details!