Consultant - People Advice & Guidance
Eden Scott are currently seeking an experienced HR Advisor to assist our Edinburgh based client on a temporary contract for 4 weeks initially. There is scope for this to go longer term.
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery and development of a first-contact/front-line 'service desk' for people management enquiries which cannot/have not been addressed through self-service products, triaging and distributing enquiries to the relevant sections/individuals within the wider People Department.
The individual will deliver specialist advice that enables managers and individuals to resolve more complex and non-routine/cyclical people issues
- Static online self-serve products such as the A-Z, FAQs, links to other (external) useful materials.
- Interactive online self-directed learning products.
- Learning products ('toolbox talks') and supporting materials that can be downloaded and used by managers/teams/individuals to increase their capability
- Face-to-face/telephone interactions to:
- re-direct to self-serve, or
- respond using scripts and FAQs, or
- direct to the relevant section/individual in the wider team.
- Logging and analysis of incoming queries to identify 'hot-spots' (whether by topic or organisational unit) to help the Lead Consultant shape products and/or inform wider organisational development/effectiveness.
- Assessing organisational risk of situations and potential solutions.
- Guiding individuals and manager to the most appropriate options for resolution - including local and informal resolution ahead of any formal processes.
- Managing any formalised cases with rigour and pace towards a business-acceptable outcome and ensuring all case administration is documented and up to date at any given time.
- Logging and analysing of cases to identify 'hot-spots' (whether by topic or organizational unit) to help the Lead Consultant shape products and/or inform wider organizational development/effectiveness.
- Ensuring work undertaken is logged, tracked and reportable on a routine and ad hoc basis, to demonstrate that SLAs are being met for enquiries and support, cases are progressed to appropriate closure, and that development of the People Enquiries & Advice service is continually evolving and improving
For further detailed information, apply now