Data Protection Officer
Eden Scott are recruiting for an experienced Data Protection Officer for their client based in the city centre.
The focus for this role will be to provide their legal department with advice on data protection compliance, supporting their offices throughout the UK, as well as developing the company strategy around information management.
The role will include -
- Continual auditing of data processing and sharing
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR, the Data Protection Act 2018, the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and all related legislation
- Reviewing and drafting policies and procedures for centrally-employed staff and delivering training on these
- Raising awareness, liaising with and advising staff in the Offices throughout the country about the practical requirements of the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Advising on subject access rights and dealing with these requests
- Advising and informing internal governance committees on relevant data protection obligations, reporting on compliance and making recommendations
- Advising on data protection impact assessments
- Managing data security breach incidents
- Reporting potential data breaches to the ICO
- Co-operating with and acting as the contact point for the ICO on issues relating to data processing
- Collating and analysing information in order to make recommendations to the data controller or processor
- Maintaining a record of data processing
- Monitoring changes to the law on all matters relating to data protection and information governance and ensuring that timely action is taken to update and implement any necessary changes in procedures
The successful candidate will have -
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- In-depth understanding of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2019
- A professional background in data protection, information governance or information management
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Sarah Gracie on 0141 410 1028
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.