Director of Marketing and Communications
Eden Scott's is delighted to be working in partnership with Edinburgh University Student's Association (EUSA). This diverse organisation provides services that are aimed at making sure students have the best possible experience while at university, be that through academic and social support or through the facilities they provide including multiple outlets of retail, catering, licensed trade and entertainment/event functions across many locations in the city and incorporating large venue operations during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
The Association's principles guide their strategy, inform their everyday decisions and influence their behaviour, both as an organisation and as individuals representing the Students' Association.
- Student Led - prioritise work and services that matter to students
- Power to Change - be strong representatives, campaigning for students
- Diverse student communities - a sense of belonging for all
- Open and Helpful - in our communications and interactions
- Collaboration - harnessing the benefits of working together
- Ethically and Environmentally responsible - conscious of our impact
- Social Enterprise - trading, with multiple benefits for our members
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and experienced marketing professional to join the Students' Association's Senior Management Team on a fixed-term basis (maternity cover) of 12 months from Mid July 2019 - August 2020.
This post of Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the strategic oversight of the organisation's Marketing and Communications to student members, staff, and other stakeholders including the University and the general public.
The post-holder will work on delivering elements of the organisation's new 2019-25 Strategic Plan, alongside ensuring the effective leadership of the Marketing and Communications team.
This role has a direct team of three with department heads managing significant teams specialising in marketing, PR, digital, communications and design.
Strategic oversight of the organisation's Marketing and Communications, supporting the delivery of the Students' Association's new 2019-25 Strategic Plan, including oversight of the Digital Transformation project through its development and implementation, and leading and developing the Marketing and Communications team to deliver on plans and objectives.
Overseeing all marketing and communication activity to students, staff, stakeholders including the University and the general public. This includes digital activity, design, print, distribution, member/customer relationship management and brand management to achieve agreed objectives.
Ensuring the effective marketing of all the Students' Association's activities, services and events, through a range of media, and ensure positive and effective communications that support membership engagement.
Overseeing organisational research and insight activity and, where appropriate, contributing to - and collaborating on - product, service and operational developments that may be undertaken as a result.
The post-holder will be one of five members of the Students' Association's Senior Management Team, with joint corporate responsibility for the leadership and management of the students' union.
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- People Management and Development
- Finance and Resource Management
- Business development and Continuous Improvement
- Compliance Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Shared Senior Management Responsibilities
Key skills required:
- 5 years' experience in a Marketing and Communications role, with at least 3 years' as Head of a multi-disciplinary team
- 3 years' experience in managing PR activity
- 3 years' experience in research and insight methods; both gaining and interpreting data to support evidence-based decision making throughout a complex organisation.
- Experience of financial management, including responsibility for complex budgets and achieving challenging financial targets.
- Demonstrable experience of leading, motivating, and managing diverse teams to achieve strong results in a customer and/or membership -focused environment
- A track record of working within and forging successful partnerships and of engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of membership and /or commercial or events marketing, alongside marketing for behavioural change.
- An understanding of the culture and climate of not-for-profit sector organisations, and understanding and commitment to equal opportunities would be preferable
Applications are invited from leaders with an excellent track record, and proven success, within an internal customer and end-consumer focused role. Secondments, consultants and reduced working hours will be considered.
Excellent competitive salary dependent on experience £44k-£48k (maximum) with options of flexible working/ four days per week.
Significant company benefits including 35 days annual holiday including statutory holidays, above average contributory pension scheme and numerous other benefits.
Closing date for applications 12.00noon Wednesday 19th June.
Please submit your CV on line clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat please call Sally on 0131 550 1138