Director of Strategic Finance
Eden Scott are delighted to work in partnership with Hanover Scotland to help them to identify and appoint a Strategic Director of Finance.
This person will look after all aspects of the financial health and sustainability of the organisation including (but not limited to) Financial Control, Governance, Risk Management, Financial Reporting, MI Development, Project Finance, Re-capitalisation and all aspects of Commercial Development.
At the centre of all business activities are financial implications, this is going to be the sort of person who can help Hanover grow its business in a responsible and sustainable manner whilst operating as a highly visible presence internally and externally.
This person is a key member of the Executive Management team and will deliver services on behalf of a highly experienced Board of Trustees and will deliver reports and information which are used by these teams for decision making purposes.
We need someone who has a wide range of abilities, experiences and strong personal orientation towards the work delivered by the organisation.
This is a highly challenging role and we are looking for someone with the following experience, skills and qualifications.
- CCAB professionally qualified accountant with a full membership and up to date CPD: you will have a full grasp of UK GAAP and/or FRSs.
- 10 years+ experience in the Finance & Accounting field 5+ of which will have been spent at senior management/leadership level.
- Demonstrable experience in all aspects of financial reporting and financial management gained in the context of a small to medium-scale business.
- Experienced in providing direct line management, leadership, development and growth for a large team of finance staff.
- You will have experience as part of Senior Management Team (SMT), full board-member or otherwise be able to demonstrate experience in influencing at a senior level.
- You will have a wide range of experience of commercial activities including pricing, financing and various leavers of corporate development activity.
- Strong and demonstrable track record of leading business change and transformation projects.
- Highly polished communication skills which will be used for developing internal and external relationships.
- Very strong personal alignment with the ethos, values and mission of Hanover (Scotland) and ability to operate as a strong leader.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual with Financial Control, Commercial Leadership and people-centric attributes.
There will be a rigorous assessment process which is set out below.
- Initial interviews will be conducted by Paul Buchan of Eden Scott by no later than Thursday 12th
- Submission to client will be on Friday 13th December and so applicants should apply with their CV and contact details no later than Friday 6th December to engage in the initial process.
- Once passed the initial interview process candidates are expected to submit a covering letter (no longer than 1 page). It is important that they hear your voice at this stage.
To ensure you do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity please apply with your CV and contact details ASAP and our experienced consultant will ring you for a confidential discussion.
Eden Scott offer the services of an employment agency for the placement of permanent staff and acts as an employer for the delivery of temporary and interim solutions.