Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the EICC situated at the heart of Scotland's beautiful capital city and one of the world's outstanding venues for conferences and events.
The EICC reported record results for 2018, with operating profits at £1.4m and revenue figures of £11.8m during the financial year while economic impact reached £58.1m with visitor numbers totalling over 300,000 to the venue over the 12-month period.
During 2018, the EICC secured significant events while growing both national and international corporate and association business.
Highlights of 2018 included Michelle Obama speaking at the EICC in July; the World Youth and Student Travel Conference in September, and recently at the Scottish Thistle Awards, the EICC won Best Business Event for the European Orthodontics Society conference, held at the venue last June.
Their mission statement is 'to create an environment which inspires ideas that change the world' and this runs through everything they do. Living this vision creates positive impacts on the experience of their clients, delegates and colleagues.
The EICC now have an exciting opportunity for a Duty Manager to join their professional, driven but most of customer focused team and this role is integral in supporting their vision.
The Duty Manager is responsible in owning the client journey and having the knowledge and expertise that their clients can rely and respond to. This role will lead the Front of House team who work collaboratively with the wider Operations team, ensuring they exceed their client's expectations in the delivery of successful events. They are passionate about the delivery of world class customer service.
The Duty Manager ensures that their business and events schedules are fully implemented in line with client's requirements and are able to respond quickly to support any changes as they arise across a wide range of events, clients and delegates.
- As Duty Manager to ensure the overall smooth running of the event with regards to the implementation of the event schedule and the changing requirements of the client and delegates as informed by the client or the EICC Team.
- To be fully aware of the emergency procedures relating to the EICC and to be able to coordinate a full evacuation or search of the building, as and when required. Prioritising the safety of all of those involved.
- To manage and co-ordinate the activities across the venue and to ensure a safe flow of delegates around the building.
- To liaise with the client when on site on a day to day basis, to ensure their needs and expectations are fully met.
- To carry out a check of all client areas on a daily basis to ensure these are fully set as per the event schedule and company standards.
- To lead and manage the Front of House team, ensuring appropriate training and development is in place for all team members.
Key skills and experience required:
Applying candidates should have a CV that details:
- Experience of working in a high footfall environment or similar with a focus on customer service
- Experience of working in disciplined work environment, military, police or similar
- Ability to oversee a team effectively for that day's events
- Attention to detail and high organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and adapt to changing demands
- Honesty and Integrity
- Good communication and co-ordination skills
- Experience in conflict management and resolution
- Strong personal discipline
- Professional work ethic and a 'can-do' attitude
- Environmental Awareness
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Knowledgeable and competent with Emergency Procedures including evacuations
- Experience in dealing with and managing First Aid incidents
- Scottish Certificate for Personal license holder (desirable)
- Clean driving license
- No previous criminal convictions
- Client centric attitude and strong customer service skills
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Flexible approach to support the business needs and client deadlines
- H & S Qualification (desirable)
- Organisational resilience (desirable)
Excellent salary dependent on skills and experience are on offer, salary £26,000 -£28,000 DOE plus various generous company benefits including generous pension at 11.5% matched and 35 days holidays in order to secure the right candidate.
This is a key role within one of the world's outstanding venues for conferences and events and working in a supportive and energetic team. If you feel you match the above requirements and would like to learn more about this role please apply with CV stating salary expectation.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with this client on this vacancy on a retained basis, for an informal chat please call Sally Rae at Eden Scott on 0131 550 1138 or email@example.com