My client is an outstanding, employee-owned product design and development consultancy. The firm is an established brand in Scotland with an excellent reputation for giving a competitive edge to small and large businesses alike by bringing new or improved products to market. The company employs creative designers and experienced engineers who operate out of their studio on the south side of Edinburgh. The team work collaboratively with clients to augment their internal capabilities and availability. Specifically, the company supports its clients to add functionality, reduce cost, increase visual appeal, enhance usability, and keep pace with the IoT revolution. The business serves many sectors; but has a strong gorunding in Medical Devices and Consumer Goods.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career as an Embedded Engineer in a dynamic and growing design consultancy with an ethos of building lasting partnerships with clients. It has never been a better time to join the engineering team as they continue to grow with a number of new and existing clients. You will play an important part in the electronics and software team within the studio, working closely with the Principal Electronics Systems Engineer and the software, mechanical and project management teams. You will interface directly with clients on external project work as well as supporting the advancement of internal R&D projects. You can expect a competitive salary and company workplace pension, and also a supportive culture with the opportunity to grow as an engineer.
Essential Technical Skills / Experience
- Degree level qualification in Electronics, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in embedded software system design
- Good skills in Embedded C and/or C++.
- Experience with microcontrollers e.g. ARM, MSP430, PIC etc.
- Working knowledge of operating systems (RTOS / Linux / Windows).
- Good understanding of Software Lifecycles and development methodologies
- Highly competent at MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience of other programming languages (e.g. C#, Python, Swift, Java).
- Experience with Embedded Systems / Single Board Computers / Modules.
- Familiarity with software design documentation approaches such as UML.
- Wireless connectivity (for example Bluetooth / BLE).
- Serial communications (for example USB, RS232, SPI, I2C or 1-Wire).
- Familiarity with analogue & digital sensors and interfacing to acquisition electronics.
- Data acquisition and analysis techniques.
This is a superb opportunity to join a forward thinking and successful SME business. In return you can expect a highly competitive package in a challenging and supportive culture and the opportunity to grow your career with a company that is set to expand rapidly.