Eden Scott's is delighted to be working in partnership with Edinburgh University Student's Association. This diverse organisation provides services that are aimed at making sure students have the best possible experience while at university, be that through academic and social support or through the facilities they provide including multiple outlets of retail, catering, licensed trade and entertainment/event functions across many locations in the city and incorporating large venue operations during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
The Association's principles guide their strategy, inform their everyday decisions and influence their behaviour, both as an organisation and as individuals representing the Students' Association.
- Student Led - prioritise work and services that matter to students
- Power to Change - be strong representatives, campaigning for students
- Diverse student communities - a sense of belonging for all
- Open and Helpful - in our communications and interactions
- Collaboration - harnessing the benefits of working together
- Ethically and Environmentally responsible - conscious of our impact
- Social Enterprise - trading, with multiple benefits for our members
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Students' Association's as Entertainments Manager reporting into the Head of Business Development.
The post holder will lead and drive their student entertainments business, driving commercial revenue and developing the brand of the Association. The Entertainments Manager will help to establish the Students' Association as an excellent provider of events and entertainments that appeal to a wide range of Edinburgh students and establish the Association as a venue of choice in the city. The post holder will work closely with commercial departments and Marketing / Communications to ensure that the entertainments programme is based on good quality research about students' interests and expectations, and that it appeals to a diverse range of students.
The role had a team of three reporting in, an Entertainments Assistant, Live Acts Booker and Welcome Week Coordinator.
Key skills required:
- Experience of developing, managing and evaluating a programme of entertainments and events, ideally from a night club or similar
- Demonstrable experience of entertainment / event management.
- Managing within a target-driven environment, with a strong track record of achieving goals and targets.
- Managing / supervising people - providing coaching and support to build high performance.
- Marketing and promoting entertainments.
- Managing relationships with a variety of stakeholders including external partners / industry promoters.
- Working in a voluntary sector, membership or youth-based environment.
Excellent competitive salary dependent on experience £28,500-£31,500, DOE, full time.
Significant company benefits including 35 days annual holiday including statutory holidays, above average contributory pension scheme and numerous other benefits.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV on line or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please call Sally on 0131 550 1138.
Closing date for applications 12.00noon Tuesday 20th August, interview date Wednesday 28th August 2019.