Lead UI / UX Designer
Work-books.uk is a dynamic Edinburgh based Fintech start-up, pre-money moving from POC to MVP and led by a team with experience of driving fast growth start-ups. Currently on the RBS Fintech Accelerator program, Work-Books is an AWS Ignite cohort and a Wilcard Finalist for Scottish Edge.
We offer a cloud-based holistic framework of tools to take a business concept from initial idea, through formation, into operation and support through rapid and continual growth. We are building the infrastructure to allow people to define their livelihoods in an uncertain world. Developing leading edge business tools with AI/ML and with global aspirations, this is an opportunity to join the founding team and define the culture, direction and technologies of a fast growth Fintech.
Work-Books has a defined social and moral code because we really do care about the impact of what we do. We're a committed disability ready employer and are working towards B Corp Certification. We want to be recognised as a force for good, putting morality and purpose above self-interest and building a better business landscape that addresses fundamental injustices and inequalities in our world.
Lead UI / UX Designer
We are looking for an experienced UI / UX Designer to take the lead and help shape the interface between users and back-end development. Capable of defining and developing world class usability you will take brand notes and value propositions to create the early look and feel of our products.
Joining a team of techies, you'll have the chance to build and define your own UI/UX team; everything from processes, procedures, and practices through to hiring. You'll play a key role in helping to define our culture as well as deliver kickass software for the business community through the cloud.
What you'll do
- Take ownership of the product UI / UX and web interface
- Liaise with the Dev team and take MVP tools through to world class products
- Help to deliver a product within company brand guidelines and our core values that looks and feels like a premium platform that customers will love
- Engage with the board and stakeholders
- Build and select a talented core team
- Feedback and promote specific functionality and feature development
What you'll bring
Ideally, you'll bring a broad technical skillset with knowledge of what it takes to deliver world class UI/UX in a fast growing, high transaction, high volume projects start-up and exceed customer expectations. You'll ensure we build the right processes and procedures to ensure smooth and timely delivery whilst also keeping a keen eye on user / customer requirements and how those translate into a design and development roadmap. In addition, you'll have aspirations to define and build a best-in-class team.
- Any additional exposure to the likes of Rails, Ruby, Python and any modern databases (like PostgreSQL) would be an advantage.
- You'll understand what it takes to build truly great UI/UX solutions, with a focus on engaging customers to understand requirements and building the necessary metrics to find product market fit
- As a very technically capable hands-on leader, you'll be a champion of best practice and design strategy and able to guide and mentor juniors
We're a positive team who love tech, love coding and are passionate about building cutting edge solutions that make a difference. The Lead UI/UX Designer will have the opportunity to make a tangible impact on every part of the business and will help define our team, culture and solutions for the long term.
What we're offering
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer:
- The chance to have a major impact on a growing and exciting FinTech start-up
- An exciting equity package - we work for ourselves to better ourselves
- Flexible working hours to suit you - we trust each other to find a working pattern that suits the team and our production pipeline
- Opportunities to work remotely - we're pretty flexible, however may need you to come see us to say hello on occasion
- Full support for any side projects or self-development - we want to foster an ethos of self-development and support proactive learners to invest in their future
- Statutory holiday allowance
Sounds great! So…what's next?
Work-Books are partnering with TalentSpark, the start-up recruitment specialists. Please apply now or get in touch with Pete Dunn (email@example.com / 07795553835) or Niall Bree (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07876233246) for an informal chat.