Legal Administrator - Real Estate
Eden Scott is working with our client, a firm of solicitors and estate agents, based in Edinburgh, to recruit a Legal Administrator.
The purpose of the role is to deliver high quality, accurate, customer focus administration to the conveyancing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a legal degree and/or diploma or experienced Legal Secretary to take that first step in their career, to gain fantastic legal administration experience within a reputable firm.
- Order and collate documents required for the completion of sales and purchasing transactions as instructed by the Conveyancing Team from third parties.
- Ensure documents are received within timeframe and accurately uploaded to case management system. Track requests and ensure remedial action is taken if required.
- Undertake identity checks with clients etc. ensuring compliance with protocol and procedures. Accurately and timely upload client's details to case management systems ensuring integrity and confidentiality. Highlighting any areas of concern or non-compliance.
- Develop client relationships' projecting a professional and appropriate image, answering queries and addressing issues. Ensuring information and correspondence is received and delivered accurately and on time.
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and appropriately logged and filed enabling a smooth retrieval of clients' information. Monitor departmental electronic inbox and allocate to team members in a timely manner.
- Undertake archiving of clients' files as per procedures and instructions maintaining accurate database retrieval and destruction process. Ensure that the case management, and any other internal system is correctly noted, and items are correctly filed, scanned, forwarded and/or destroyed
- Drafting legal documents, agreements, legal letters and other correspondence as instructed, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality, both in terms of content and context. Make sure all electronic and hard copy filing is completed as required.
- Open, log and stamp all incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail including undertaking postal activities. Ensure legal mail is securely managed and franking machine has appropriate credits.
- Proven track record, 2-5 years, of providing high quality legal administration / secretarial support within a Property Estate environment
- Experience in producing and amending letters / documents, and knowledge of document automation systems
- Excellent organisational, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Quick and accurate keyboard skills and IT system usage
- The ability to deal with highly confidential information with tact and sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise workload
For further detailed information, apply now