PHP Developer - (100% remote)
6-month contract opportunity for an experienced PHP Developer (100% remote) to assist in-house developers modifying an application that integrates many of the core business functions. Information Systems are responsible for everything from the entire back-end and integration systems, to front-end interfaces including customer-facing websites and tools.
The Developer will be implementing fixes and enhancements to the Live environment. There will also be elements of data cleansing in the database and reporting.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code predominantly in PHP and SQL by using best software development best practices
- Deliver well-structured development and supporting material to a schedule
- Continual improvement of systems deploying new features and bug fixes
- Requirement analysis, system design and delivery
- Become subject matter expert of internally developed tools and systems
- Continue to learn and share experience within the team
- Estimate and expand requirements into designs, functional requirements and user stories (dependant on development methodology being used)
- Propose and participate in continuous improvement initiatives that improve the team's output
- High level of competency in the following:
- Experience of building applications, interfaces, API's (building websites is interesting, but not what they need)
- Good knowledge of SQL and interacting with the database.
- HTML5, CSS
- Git source control (Bitbucket / GitHub)
- Redis (Caching)
The role will be on a remote basis.
The role is inside IR35.