Eden Scott's client is currently looking for a Laboratory Scientist to join their Edinburgh Team on an initial 3 month contract, with an excellent chance of this being extended to 6 months or longer. The role is within the company's Inorganics lab and you would be carrying out chemistry analysis.
- Preparation and analysis of customer samples and validation of results within very demanding turnaround times within a multifunctional laboratory.
- To be part of a team within a multi-functional laboratory unit carrying out chemistry analysis.
-Complying with the requirements of the Scientific Services management system, ISO17025 and Drinking Water Testing Specification (DWTS) standards.
- To develop or enhance methods of analysis and carry out validation of new and existing methods.
- To schedule and prioritise work within an individual process and, where required, carry out routine repair and maintenance of specialist equipment to ensure targets are met.
- You will be educated to degree level in a related scientific discipline - ideally Chemistry - or have extensive experience of working within a lab. The client would be delighted to hear from both experienced scientists and recent graduates.
- Your application will be favourably viewed if you have experience of working in a UKAS accredited laboratory on drinking water or environmental analysis and experience of working with Aseptic Techniques.
In the first instance, please send your CV to Jill Macdonald.