Scientist - Organics Laboratory
Eden Scott's client is currently looking for an experienced Laboratory Scientist to join their Edinburgh Team on an initial contract basis. The role is within the Organics Laboratory and you would be carrying out chemistry analysis, to ensure delivery of excellent customer service, while ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Drinking Water Quality Regulator (DWQR) MACS and ISO 17025. Due to the need for social distancing, the shifts would be either 3 or 4 days on, followed by 3 or 4 days off; the length of shift is to be determined. More information will follow.
- Preparation and analysis of customer samples and validation of results within very demanding turnaround times within a multifunctional laboratory.
- To be part of a team within a multi-functional laboratory unit carrying out chemistry analysis.
-Complying with the requirements of the Scientific Services management system, ISO17025 and Drinking Water Testing Specification (DWTS) standards.
- To develop or enhance methods of analysis and carry out validation of new and existing methods.
- To schedule and prioritise work within an individual process and, where required, carry out routine repair and maintenance of specialist equipment to ensure targets are met.
- You will be educated to degree level, with a Chemistry qualification AND have at least 7 years' experience of working in an ISO 17025-accredited analytical laboratory.
- You will have solid knowledge of Health and Safety procedures and policies in relation to COSHH and Risk Assessment.
- Knowledge of analytical best practice in relation to chemical testing of water and waste water.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- Experience of working with UKAS and Regulators.
Hourly pay rate will be determined by experience.
In the first instance, please send your CV to Jill Macdonald.