Senior Software Engineer
Established AI Technology based organisation with HQ in Edinburgh has an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the development team on working on their award winning platform. Technology underpins everything they do and is key to their ability to meet customer needs and expectations as they continue to grow.
They believe that a strong, innovative technology platform and service offering is a key differentiator within their market, and they focus on using a mix of Automation
and AI to scale translation delivery.
The Engineering team is responsible for the development of their bespoke platform used by our customers and employees. This platform is used to deliver global content for some of the world's leading brands.
Ideally they are looking for a full stack engineer, or front-end engineer with experience in Java, with experience building modern reactive applications, as we undertake some
exciting developments in our core platform.
They have a high performing technology team, and it is the ideal place to work on a modern technology stack built using good practices including automated testing, continuous integration and DevOps.
- Delivery of quality code using agile and test driven development methodologies
- Ability to turn functional and non-functional requirements into well structured software
- Participation in requirements review sessions ('Three Amigos') with analysts and QA Engineers
- Ability to assess the impact of changes on our systems and infrastructure
- Development of complex database queries, views, triggers and functions
- Conducting code reviews and participating in pair programming sessions
- Provision of technical and support documentation
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape);
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page);
- 4+ years professional Java development experience;
- Experience working in an agile development environment;
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment.
- Experience working with development tools and frameworks (Maven, Spring, JUnit, Jenkins);
- Experience working with web services (REST, SOAP);
- Experience working with databases, both relational (e.g PostgreSQL) and on-relational (e.g. MongoDB);
- Hands on experience of Puppet and Docker
- Hands on experience of Kubernetes
- A truly global working environment;
- A place to develop new skills and experiences;
- A social and fun place to work;
- Flexible working hours and arrangements;
- 24 days' paid holiday per year plus Bank Holidays;
- An additional day of holiday starting in the 3rd year of working
- A bonus Loyalty month every 5th year- a celebratory month on top of your standard holidays.
Role will be on WFH basis. Longer term a blend of WFH and a few days in their city centre offices.