Senior Software Productivity Engineer - (Remote)
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Productivity Engineer (Remote) to join an established global fintech who are a world-class provider of payments related software and technology.
This is an unique opportunity to help establish a Productivity Engineering organisation with the oversight to design, implement, and build a group responsible for delivering on growth and industry-changing strategic objectives.
This role plays a significant part in aligning the quality vision and engineering efforts with the strategic direction of the company, fostering awareness and appropriate application of this vision at all levels of the organization, and ensuring successful rollout of products to the market at the desired velocity.
- Developing innovative approaches, techniques, and solutions in the areas of Process Automation, Quality Engineering, CI/CD and Service Virtualization.
- Maintaining, supporting and extending our existing in-house tooling, frameworks and automation.
- Heavily influence the opinions for 'building in' quality during all phases of the SDLC with emphasis on the design and development phases through continued collaboration across engineering.
- Advises Engineering leadership on approaches to improve productivity, backed by data on current automation weaknesses, quality improvements, CI\CD performance, and overall security of our existing applications.
- Continually identify new tools and techniques, and work closely with other engineering teams to implement them; educate the department through knowledge sharing sessions.
- Makes data-driven decisions to identify areas of improvement and measures the results of changes.
- Analyse complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability.
- Technical advocate in solving the intricacies around the delivery of a holistic, automated provisioning toolchain to support continuous integration / continuous deployment.
- Provide technical leadership in all software process automation and internal tooling approaches.
- Communicate strategies in terms that are meaningful to the engineering group.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 6-8 Years in a Software Engineering or similar position.
- Passion for software engineering and developing high-quality, robust solutions.
- Expertise in at least one OO language (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby, Go).
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
- Must have previous hands-on experience implementing an automation framework of front-end, back-end, and REST API services\applications.
- 5+ Years' experience with CI\CD processes, tools, and platforms.
- 5+ Years' experience working with RDMS databases and tools.
- 3+ Years' experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions, and experiment to validate approaches.
- Excels at grasping existing code and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code.
- Technical leader and coach, aware of the applicability of new technologies.
- Ability to define roadmaps to execute on project initiatives.
- Ability to consider multiple factors in decision making at strategic and tactical levels.
- Ability to work independently on diverse problems.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Diverse interests and a passion for technology.
- Drive to meet aggressive milestones.
- Unlimited holidays
- A one-time, tax-free allowance of up to £500 for the employee to build out a comfortable home-office, including desk, chair, lighting etc.
- A monthly subsidy of £50 towards expenses incurred as part of running a home-office.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth organisation where you will have significant input into the build and design of systems and have exposure to cutting edge technologies.