Senior Technical Writer - remote
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Technical Writer to join an established global fintech who are a world-class provider of payments related software and technology. This will be a unique opportunity to establish a Technical Documentation structure with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering growth and industry-changing strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for creating documentation that effectively transfers knowledge to appropriate relevant audiences. The Senior Technical Writer synthesizes company objectives with the audience needs analyses and usability assessments to design, test, and refine documentation.
The individual will focus on their Product, Engineering, and Technical Operation functions, and therefore experience with software development, quality assurance, networking, storage systems, virtualization, security, business continuity, and ITIL best practices is highly desirable.
* Work with other departments to acquire/disseminate information on time.
* Suggest innovations for work processes.
* Actively seek out opportunities to reuse work and collaborate with other efforts.
* Drive documentation standards and process improvement efforts.
* Contribute a user perspective and constructive criticism to product design, while demonstrating ownership of areas of responsibility.
* Contribute to professional debate and partake in implementation toward change (e.g., corporate policy, process, or task-related modifications).
* Research, analyse, organize, design, and develop a consistent authoring, storage, and presentation of technical information.
* Synthesize product requirements and company objectives with the audience's needs for technical information.
* Effectively edit documentation and other information products for non-documentation colleagues.
* Pursue job/career-related learning outside of the scope of assigned tasks (classes, reading.).
* Impart knowledge to the less experienced in areas of expertise.
* 10+ years' experience in a related position.
* Advanced understanding of authoring, screen capture, image editing, and publishing tools.
* Innovative document design skills (e.g., style, page, and document design).
* Familiarity with current web technologies (browsers, servers, XML/XSL, protocols).
* Experience with distributed, web-oriented computing architectures and concepts.
* Understanding of databases, networking, storage systems, data security, and virtualization a plus.
* Able to work on several projects at once and take ownership of task schedules.
* Demonstrate full proficiency in writing skills.
* Demonstrate an ability to analyse and organize complex material.
* Demonstrate skill at getting documentation reviewed and eliciting feedback.
* Adapt quickly to new technologies and methodologies; advocates for change when necessary.
* Strong ability to successfully manage concurrent deliverables on time and with quality within fast-paced environment and under deadlines.
* Excellent oral and written communications.
- Unlimited holidays
- A one-time, tax-free allowance of up to £500 for the employee to build out a comfortable home-office, including desk, chair, lighting etc.
- A monthly subsidy of £50 towards expenses incurred as part of running a home-office.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth organisation where you will have significant input into the build and design of systems and have exposure to cutting edge technologies.