Venue Operations Manager (Pleasance/Peffermill)
Eden Scott's is delighted to be working in partnership with Edinburgh University Student's Association. This diverse organisation provides services that are aimed at making sure students have the best possible experience while at university, be that through academic and social support or through the facilities they provide including multiple outlets of retail, catering, licensed trade and entertainment/event functions across many locations in the city and incorporating large venue operations during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
The Association's principles guide their strategy, inform their everyday decisions and influence their behaviour, both as an organisation and as individuals representing the Students' Association.
- Student Led - prioritise work and services that matter to students
- Power to Change - be strong representatives, campaigning for students
- Diverse student communities - a sense of belonging for all
- Open and Helpful - in our communications and interactions
- Collaboration - harnessing the benefits of working together
- Ethically and Environmentally responsible - conscious of our impact
- Social Enterprise - trading, with multiple benefits for our members
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Students' Association's as Venue Operations Manager (Pleasance/Peffermill) reporting into the Head of Trading Operations.
The post holder will manage and ensure the smooth and safe operation of the Students' Association's Pleasance venue including all F&B outlets within it (currently includes Pleasance Bar and Kitchen, and Peffermill Club House plus additional sites during Festival).
The Venue Operations Manager will ensure effective supervision of these outlets and will drive high standards of customer service and food/beverage quality at all times. Ensure that venues are managed and maintained in a safe and responsible manner.
The post holder will support the Head of Trading Operations in delivering excellent commercial performance, working towards ambitious targets around turnover and profitability.
This role has a direct team of Duty Managers and Operations Team Leaders.
Key skills required:
- Experience of managing and responsibility for a venue and/or commercial outlets such as bars and restaurant with overall Profit and Loss account responsibility.
- Working within a sales / target / profit driven environment and comfortable with working to achieve ambitious growth targets.
- Extensive demonstrable experience of managing staff in a customer-focused role.
- Recruitment, selection, development and performance management of staff.
- Oversight and management of cellar, stock and cash management.
- Experience of managing a venue/building.
- Managing customer flow and peaks / troughs in demand
Excellent competitive salary dependent on experience £24,000-£26,400, DOE, full time.
Significant company benefits including 35 days annual holiday including statutory holidays, above average contributory pension scheme and numerous other benefits.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV on line or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please call Sally on 0131 550 1138.
Closing date for applications 12.00noon Tuesday 20th August, interview date either Thursday 29th or Friday 30th August 2019.