Management Accountant (Relocation opportunity)
Are you a qualified Accountant looking for a new role and can consider relocation? If so, we have a unique and exciting opportuniy on offer as Management Accountant, to provide the financial insight of both the business unit and company performance to senior management.
In this key role, you will support the operational teams by providing timely and accurate financial management information to assist in decision making in order to maximise profits and improve efficiencies and support the Finance Director to ensure that accounting processes and procedures are maintained and developed, management reporting and control is developed, and performance of the business is analysed.
Your duties will include:
- Preparation of monthly management reports tracking financial performance including commentaries
- Manage the management accounting ensuring processing is up to date & aligned with agreed deadlines
- Drive process improvements & solve problems to route cause
- Work with operational directors/managers to provide accounting information to support decision making
- Review business unit profitability and investigate variances against budget
- Assist the finance director on other projects and tender submissions as necessary
- Provide financial support to other operational areas of the business and support the finance team
- Assist the FD with budget preparation including commentaries
- Ensure that the accounting systems allow timely and accurate information to be prepared.
- Responsible for the provision of accurate and timely company financial forecasting information in conjunction with FD.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting any cost overspends and suggesting corrective action
- Advise the Board of any financial implications of any activity.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested.
You will be a fully qualified Accountant (or QBE) with demonstrable progressive management accounting experience.
Desirable skills and knowledge would be in contract or retail accounting, with a strong commercial, operational outlook.
Any systems development or installation experience would be beneficial and extensive experience with Sage Projects / Microsoft Projects is advantageous.
Don't miss out. Apply now!