SAP ERP Manager
Excellent opportunity for a SAP ERP Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of IT application services to UK based divisions to successfully enable operational business and operational delivery. You will direct customer engagement with all central functions that rely on the backbone ERP systems to conduct and transact business including Finance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Export/Import, Quality and business programme stakeholders.
The role is ultimately providing application and service portfolio ownership, with the responsibility for managing and running the service including setting the service strategy, managing application roadmaps and ensuring all existing systems are maintained appropriately.
- Manage the service strategy, delivery, and management of the ERP Services technology area and own the operational supplier and customer relationship for the service.
- Responsible for the management, development and support of a portfolio of Enterprise Level applications including SAP R/3 ERP (Finance & Supply Chain), MRP (Visiprise Manufacturing Execution), PDM (CDMS/Windchill) and various Manufacturing Operations Applications (production, test and calibration), and other associated ERP linked applications in Finance, Supply Chain, and Export/Import Compliance.
- Lead a team of specialist staff who are responsible for designing, delivering, monitoring and upgrading Tier 1/2 applications within the service area used by business functions to deliver and support products and services.
- Build strong working relationships and effective alignment across functions and businesses in the UK, International counterparts, and Partner/Subcontractor community.
- Manage the end to end aspects of the portfolio service delivery including performance, security, development, maintenance and measurement of the service, with a continuous improvement approach.
- Develop and implement a plan to rationalise the estate for optimum performance, security, licensing and ease of maintenance.
- Develop and maintain a Service Strategy, ensuring appropriate lifecycle management of each application/service that includes maintaining annual plans and 5-year technology portfolio roadmap driving alignment and rationalisation of the services portfolio.
- Create a Service Improvement Plan for your service area and ensure this is clearly understood and communicated to peers and customers through regular Service Review meetings and events.
- Accountable for Service and system documentation, procedures and resource forecasting and planning to deliver against the defined service criteria ensuring the provision of an Out of hours service (aligned to the rest of IT). In some cases 24x7 cover may be required.
- Effectively manage deliverables: Incidents, Requests, Small Works Projects and Technical leadership of major implementation and upgrade projects.
- Ensure any projects you are leading for the organisation, or those within your own immediate area of responsibility, are reviewed, reported and accurately updated on a timely basis.
- Meet IS assurance, governance and policies to ensure we operate with confidence, through effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business, adherence to company security, accreditation and audit requirements.
- Ensure backup schedules & data retention and period maintenance are aligned.
- Proactively identify and manage risk in line with departmental risk strategy.
- Plan, agree and participate in scheduled BCP/DR exercises.
- Experience of major SAP ERP implementations and support for Manufacturing, Finance, Supply Chain environments including supporting the surrounding functionality in Finance, Supply Chain, HR, etc.
- Knowledge of Service Management disciplines engagement, design, delivery and maintenance lifecycles in a high technology or IT services domain.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL best practice qualified to a minimum of ITIL Foundation.
- Detailed knowledge/experience of project and service delivery disciplines including business analysis and requirements gathering, resource planning, ability to create project proposals. Full project lifecycle experience, user support & training experience.
- Experience of working closely with Manufacturing, Supply Chain or Finance functions.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex business problems in order to define and develop technology-based solutions.
- Demonstrable evidence of effective problem-solving skills in complex support incidents.
- Excellent relationship skills - the ability to build positive relationships with both technical and business personnel.
- Experience of negotiation and conflict management skills in a complex matrix structure.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral presentation material
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities within virtual teams and multi-party environments.
- Exposure to corporate executives and business-critical situations
- IT experience in the service delivery & management areas
- Where relevant, demonstrable experience of managing direct and virtual team
Experience of major ERP implementations and upgrades including SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, Epicor, Infor, or SAAS ERP/MRP solutions
For further information and a confidential discussion please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 410 1008.