Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager- Scotland
My client is a well-established and successful, UK-based OEM and distributer that designs and manufactures high quality parts, services, and systems for critical diesel and gas engine applications where reliability, safety and performance are crucial. They have formed a real niche in their market and have continued their growth over the past few years, introducing a range of new products and services.
Their scope of supply is Global and they have a consistently strong demand throughout the world for their high-quality products. The company specialises in non-electric engine starting solutions, fuel conditioning and infrastructure care, environmental protection and emissions reduction; all supported by a nationwide service and maintenance team. Their main customer base is Oil & Gas and Power Generation, but also supply into other industries where reliability, performance and safety are paramount including: Marine, Industrial Engines, Mining and Transport.
The company culture is family-orientated and collaborative, with a friendly Sales team consisting of 4 people currently, moving to 5 with this role. The role will involved predominantly Account Management (c.85%) of their Scottish Customer-Base; delviering high-quality service, growing and developing exisiting accounts and also an element of new business development (c.15%). This role is newly created due to continued growth and the desire to make the sales team more regionally focussed. The ideal candidate will have previous experience selling into Oil & Gas/Power Industries, as well as a good track record within a commercial sales role.
* Meet or exceed sales and margin targets
* Complete sales management reports and forecasts
* Develop Account Management plans where required or appropriate
* Give pricing information to management and make recommendations.
* Add value to our customers through upselling
* To maintain the customer database within the CRM system
* To develop and partner with agreed key business partners, building strong business relationships within key decision makers and influencers.
* Follow up qualified leads generated by the marketing and internal sales team
* Attend relevant exhibitions and conferences as required
* Attend and contribute to all sales team meetings
* Be a role model of the Company Values
* Relevant product knowledge- pneumatics, hydraulics, power generation, Oil & Gas
* Willing to travel both domestically and oversea.
* First class consultative sales skills; proactive, excellent communication skills, professional and honest
* Good understanding of Features and Benefits.
* Proven record of effectively meeting sales quotas
* Full driving licence
* Proficient in sales methodologies and CRM processes
* High level of financial and commercial awareness
The role can be home-based and the candidate can live anywhere in Scotland, with regular travel. There is a competitive base salary on offer, an on-target bonus of c.£10k, a car/car allowance and pension scheme. You'll also get the chance to work with a growing company that has a great working culture and really values its employees.