Excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join a high performing, Digital Data team using agile methodologies in a fast-moving environment based in Glasgow city centre. Due to rapid expansion, they are looking to supplement the existing team with two Business Analysts who will help engage with areas of the business, scope their technical needs and support agile teams in translating their requirements to solutions they can implement.
As a Business Analyst you will be expected to have an inquiring mind; somebody who readily gains rapport with others and somebody who isn't afraid to encourage people to think about their work from perspectives that may not come naturally to them. You will have an appreciation of the energy industry to support your product scoping investigations. Your attitude will be that of somebody who sees how challenges can be overcome, rather than somebody who sees problems that prevent progress.
They are seeking individuals with a strong track record of successful software and/or service delivery in both Operations and Project environments. They work in an agile way so they would expect good experience of delivering iteratively as part of an agile team and working through the agile project lifecycle.
- Support the process of taking users through a structured engagement process to value for money solutions
- Engage early and proactively with areas of the business that are seeking solutions for their projects, ensuring a collaborative approach that meets best practice guidelines and ways of working
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team's plans and objectives are achieved
- Arrange and lead workshops enabling the gathering of requirements, subsequently documenting them for review and discussion by other members of the agile team, facilitating the consensus across product owners and stakeholders to agree business needs a prioritisation
- Analyse business requirements and internal and external user needs to agree detailed functional and technical specifications and plans, drawing on input from specialist colleagues for advice
- Gather and analyse information relating to the costs and benefits of the prioritised digital portfolio
- Be the public face of the team, engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders within the organisation
- Work in an agile way and to do so closely with colleagues, offering coaching and upskilling to share best practice and to demonstrate the benefits
- Assist PO and SMEs with acceptance criteria of the different deliverables produced by delivery teams
- Encourage teamwork and communication between: Product Owners, Delivery Managers, User Researchers, Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts and technical teams, from all areas of the organisation supporting where appropriate
- Excellent communication and partnering skills:
- Extensive experience work in a multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrable experience of working with infrastructure experts, disruptive technologies, policy and collaborative tools and cloud solutions
- Keen sense of camaraderie and a willingness to tailor engagement approaches
- The ability to learn exactly what you need to know from people
- A friendly rapport that encourages people to engage with you more
- An enquiring mind that investigates the fundamentals behind the needs and assertions people express
- Ability to write succinctly and accurately, conveying business needs and convey security and technology requirements and specifications
- Ability to work effectively with delivery managers, product owners, user researchers and subject matter experts to size user stories and facilitate communication across the delivery teams
- A minimum of 2 years of experience of working in agile teams delivering through iterations
- A positive attitude that is willing to learn to ensure knowledge retention and transfer
- Flexible approach to working, with the ability to work on multiple strands of work and be responsive to challenging and ever-evolving deadlines
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a sense of curiosity for business needs and how digital solutions can deliver value for money
- Experience adopting an agile approach to previously waterfall projects
- BA certifications - BCS, GDS, IIBA
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as Confluence
- Knowledge of Business intelligence tools, such as QlikSense, Tableau, Domo and the ability to document using Visio and similar tools
- Some experience of the energy sector and an appreciation of the needs of energy consumers
- 25 days (rising to 30 days after 2 years) + 10.5 public/ bank holidays
- Generous public sector pension
If this job isn't what you're looking for - get in touch and we'll help you find a role that's right for you. Please contact me on 0141 410 1008 or send your CV to email@example.com
Is there someone you'd recommend?
Make all the networking pay off by referring a friend! In return, we'll make a financial contribution to a skills training course of your choice.
Get in touch for more details!