Business Intelligence Developer
Our client a leading public sector body are looking to recruit a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to work as part of a growing Data Solutions team who are currently working to enable and embed a broad spectrum of BI capabilities into the organisation. You will be supporting a wide range of BI activities that will require a strong knowledge in areas such as ETL, data modelling, data warehouse development and report development.
You will work with a diverse set of technologies within the BI arena, offering numerous opportunities to extend and develop your skillset. They are currently investing in data virtualisation and self-service reporting technologies, the development and implementation of which will be a key part of this role.
- Develop BI Solutions, from initial data extraction and transformation through to enabling end-user dashboard/reporting with technologies such as PowerBI
- Translate requirements into design specifications for implementing reports, dashboards and other data solutions
- Data warehouse design, modelling and implementation based on established industry best practices
- Research, define and publish technical and non-technical documents and contribute to architectural and technical discussions
- Extensive experience in BI development and delivery, ideally using the Microsoft BI stack, especially SSIS, SSRS and PowerBI
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases, ideally Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
- Knowledge and experience of both waterfall and agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of data virtualization concepts, theory and technologies. Experience in this area would be desirable. TIBCO DV will be the tool of choice for them
- Strong communication skills with the ability to document and discuss potentially complex technical concepts to a diverse audience
- The ability to keep abreast of current and emerging BI technologies, practices and theory
In summary, you will be self-motivated, eager to learn and have strong organisational, communication and critical thinking skills. Continual self-development is an important aspect of this role given the constantly evolving nature of BI technologies.
* Career average pension scheme
* 27 days annual leave in addition to 14 days public holiday
* Staff well-being and health assistance programmes;
* Development opportunities