Eden Scott is proud to be working with R3- IoT- An Exciting Scottish Startup
Connectivity is essential for driving innovation, but in this modern-day world innovation must also drive connectivity. R3-IoT, Scotland's award winning SpaceTech pioneer, exists to do just that.
Utilising cutting edge satellite technologies, R3-IoT's team of established industry experts are working to realise an ambitious mission statement: improve the lives of millions by solving challenges in sectors ranging from digital healthcare to renewable energies to agriculture.
The business is an end to end sensor-to-cloud IoT company developing the technology to connect smart devices all over the world using our satellite-enabled smart gateway. Today we are enabling companies across Scotland to digitise and improve the way they run their operations with an eye on considerable opportunities globally in helping organisations gather the information they need to do things better.
Due to our company's continued growth, we are looking for a talented, passionate Embedded Engineer to join our group.
You will be joining a fantastic team of Hardware and Software Engineers, working in tandem with our current Embedded Engineer to improve existing products and develop future systems. Your main tasks will be to:
- Design, develop and test embedded firmware
- Prototype, draw schematics, lay out PCBs and test electronic subsystems
- Create internal and external facing technical documentation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our systems - adding features, enhancing reliability and efficiency, etc
- Interface with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Carry out technical troubleshooting and workload management within the embedded team
You will also be ready to assist with other activities beyond your core role such as business winning activities, attending workshops, etc.
Our Required Skills
- A background in embedded systems including a few of the following:
- Experience with embedded C and Python scripting
- A good understanding of common communication protocols and software practices
- Experience with developing digital electronics
- Familiarity with the design and manufacture of circuit boards
- Familiarity with working with Embedded Linux and/or RTOS
- The ability to think about a product in the context of its application and customer needs
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, creative, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to influence others
- Self-awareness, self-management, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
What We Can Offer:
- A significant and meaningful role in one of the Scotland's most notable early stage businesses
- Competitive renumeration package with stock options
- The chance to solve real-world problems by building next generation IoT technology
- A culture of support and collaboration with flexible working options