Head of Fleet
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with one of Scotland's leading businesses, recruiting for an individual who has the experience and enthusiasm to lead a successful team and continue the transformation of Fleet Services across the business. You will drive forward improvements in Safety, Compliance, Customer Service, Efficiency and Carbon Reduction. This strategic role reports to the General Manager Operational Services and to the Chief Operating Officer on matters of Operating Licence Compliance.
The role will be based in Central Scotland and will lead a team in the delivery of a range of fleet services to operational teams across the length and breadth of Scotland.
You will be entitled to a host of benefits which include 37 days holiday a year, a defined benefit pension scheme, plus a variety of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
About the role
As Head of Fleet you will take a personal responsibility for Policy and Strategy and ensure the delivery of the following services:
- Driver safety and the Management of Road Risk
- Transport compliance and the management of operator licencing requirements
- Specifying and replacing all owned vans and HGVs
- Maintenance of all owned assets through a managed service delivery partner
- Hire of commercial vehicles, cars and plant
- Fuel management
- Company car scheme
- Net zero carbon by 2040
- Management and delivery of strategic projects to deliver efficiency or operational improvement.
The scale of Fleet Services
104 owned HGV
1326 owned Vans
240 lease cars
Annual Capital Investment: £ 11m
Annual Hires Costs: £4m
Annual Fuel costs: £5m
You will be responsible for a team of 22, with 5 team leaders reporting directly to you.
Experience we are looking for:
- Experience working in a middle management position for 5 years with responsibility for fleet strategy and policy
- Creation and management of budgets to similar levels as above
- Strong negotiator and influencer at all levels
- An excellent communicator both written and oral
- Management and delivery of Fleet transformation projects with financial or operational benefit - ability to create a case for change
- Management of contractors
- Being a principle stakeholder in the procurement of goods and services with the ability to design a specification to meet requirements
- Degree level qualification in a transferable discipline
- Transport management CPC
- Experience in the utilities sector
For more information, please contact Jill Macdonald.