Head of UK Sales (Engineering)
Head of UK Sales (Engineering)
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with our retained client within the clean energy sector.
Heliex Power is a UK headquartered, VC backed, green-technology product manufacturer. They have customers across the world commensurate with a an early-stage business; both in terms of an established customer base & reference sites on which to generate further commercial success for the company. Their product is an innovative clean technology that produces electricity by harvesting existing steam or waste heat from within a client's production processes. The company has been developed around the use of patented technology within the steam expander.
This business is now seeking to scale up sales efforts to fully capitalise on significant market opportunities. To support this, they are seeking to appoint a Head of UK Sales to add depth and scale to the existing sales team and drive new business directly with major target customers who have wet process steam that can be harvested to produce electricity.
The primary function of the Business Development Manager will be to increase commercial business growth activity. In simple terms - winning more business at scale and pace. The role can have a deep narrow focus or a broader focus - depending on the candidate's capability, experience, aspirations and flexibility. What is core however, is a focus on generating prospects and delivering sales wins for the business. Ultimately the role will be a critical function in increasing sales year on year with new clients within target segments.
This field-based role will be client facing can be home-based anywhere in the UK. You will report directly to the CEO who is based in the UK. This organisational structure gives great clarity, flattens the distance between where decisions are needed and where they are made and is indicative of the elevated importance of the role.
The key aim of the role will be to drive new business by uncovering and converting new opportunities with major accounts.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage, support, service and coordinate all new commercial customer related activity to ensure the business achieves agreed quarterly and yearly sales forecasts.
- Make frequent and regular field sales calls and visits within target territory to proactively develop organic growth with prospects and generate sales with new clients.
- Regular, frequent travel will be required in the UK.
- Provide a world class customer service to all clients that will include making presentations, proposals and providing accurate technical data (supported input from our tech team) with a view to maximising and converting opportunity.
- Ensure product, materials and process knowledge is excellent with a view to achieving the required level of sales conversion and generation.
- Project manage and lead strategic planning and new event coordination to ensure successful outcomes for the company.
- Maintain an accurate database of converted and potential new clients and all related information/activity/documentation.
- You will have the drive, tenacity and intelligence required to win significant new business.
- You will have extensive experience in identifying and penetrating new prospect clients and will possess a significant proven sales track record.
- A true self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic SME environment.
- Able to work autonomously, taking full ownership for attainment of your sales targets.
- A consultative sales style and a proven track record in a solution sales environment. You will also need to be highly organised, target-oriented and possess a strong drive for results.
- A knowledge/network within industry and a background in selling capital equipment and OES (after-sales service framework agreements)
- Resilient, robust and effective contact generation skills and experience selling at multiple levels
- Effective & pragmatic presentation skills and can generate/maintain new client relationships with an eye firmly on winning new business repeatedly.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills with the ability to work under pressure and at pace.
- Strong computer skills, experience in MS Office and specifically the ability to analyse and interpret data for decision making.
- Ability to handle multiple opportunities, overcome objections and deliver sales projects with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
On offer is a competitive base salary & an attractive, uncapped commission plan, a car allowance and private medical care, along with usual company benefits. There is significant opportunity for progression and to be a key figure in helping the company implement their ambitious growth plans.
** Fully remote working is available from anywhere in the UK **