Information Security Consultant
Eden Scott's banking client has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Information Security Consultant who will become part of their dynamic Security Consultancy Team within Information Security.
Information Security threats and risks are constantly evolving and you will have an important role in protecting the company and its customers. You will work across a number of the Bank's change initiatives and provide security consultancy to Business and Technical stakeholders at all levels.
You will take a leading role in ensuring that security controls are delivered inside Projects and change initiatives in line with Business risk appetite.
- Defining appropriate security requirements and controls to mitigate identified security risks across the Bank's change initiatives
- Influencing the right security risk outcomes for the organisation in line with its Business risk appetite
- Driving compliance with Information Security Standards, as well as Legal, Regulatory and Scheme security requirements
- Ensuring that required controls are implemented by working closely with Design, Build and Test teams as well as Business stakeholders
- Assuring key controls through the coordination of 3rd party security testing
- Communicate security risks to stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation
- Develop and build relationship with key business and technical stakeholders and central functions including Audit, Compliance and Financial Governance
- Performing a lead role within the team and act as a point of escalation into the Consultancy Services Manager
- A passion for IT and Security
- Working knowledge of fundamental Technical Security concepts
- Practical experience of multiple Information Security domains within a corporate environment
- A flair for influencing, persuasion and presentation
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence change at very Senior Management Level
- An ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast changing environment
- An aptitude to quickly assimilate and understand complex changes in order to effectively present information to identify issues and consider solutions
- The ability to engage a range of stakeholders to influence decisions to improve security across the company.
- Practical experience of risk management principles and methodology
- Proven ability to make sound pragmatic decisions and judgements under tight timelines, within a dynamic and fast-moving project environment
- Professional Information Security Qualification - eg CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CASP etc
- Experience of working within an agile project development environment
- Previous experience in leading and developing a small team
- 30 days holiday plus public holidays, an option to buy more
- Pension and share save scheme, as well as attractive discounts on banking products and well known high-street brands through a reward scheme.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation which is embarking on a large scale transformational journey.