Infrastructure Systems Analyst (2/3rd line Support) cloud tech
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work with one of the most vibrant, exciting and dynamic companies. The successful candidate will have specialist knowledge across a range of infrastructure technologies and will be a key contributor to the IT team, ensuring that all controls and procedures are followed, where appropriate.
Summary - This is a 2nd going towards a 3rd line support level where you will have knowledge of platforms including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure (desirable), Windows, Linux, Cisco and Virtualisation technologies
More detail and what you will have experience in.....
- Technical level 2/3 knowledge of platforms including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure (or any cloud tech would be an advantage), Windows, Linux, Cisco and Virtualisation technologies
- Experience working in Cloud IT Infrastructure (Azure, Oracle) (very desirable)
- ITIL process and supporting software (e.g. ServiceDesk Plus)
- Proven technical skills/knowledge around end-user devices, software, printers, servers, storage, network and voice
- Ability to use judgement to effectively manage client issues
- An enthusiastic, driven, committed and flexible approach to work
- Relevant experience of working within an IT/Change role
- Solutions driven, confident and friendly approach in dealing with customers
- A good understanding of networks, protocols and internet technologies
What you will do…
- Work to Service Desk ticket system, to progress Incidents, Service Requests and manage problems
- Manage and maintain Infrastructure, OS, Service and Backup & Recovery, including outside core business hours
- Maintain necessary Alert and Health check capabilities in liaison with the Suppliers to optimise Operational Management and Controls
- Ensure Windows Updates are regularly applied to our Server and Infrastructure estate
- Incident and Problem Management investigations/resolutions
- Maintain repeatable Change/Release and Maintenance activities within the group to support the demands of the Business
- Maintain technical support relationship with vendors and suppliers to support the demands of Business SLA's
This position requires a motivated and analytical individual who thrives on solving problems and getting the job done right the first time. The successful candidate will have specialist knowledge across a range of infrastructure technologies and will be a key contributor to the IT team, ensuring that all controls and procedures are followed, where appropriate.
If you are open minded willing to learn and pick up other skills and looking for a challenging but rewarding position where you will work for a company (people of choice). This is a forward-thinking organisation who offer excellent opportunities.