Lead Gearbox Service Engineer - Onshore Wind
Onshore Wind - Lead Gearbox Service Engineer
Eden Scott is recruiting within the onshore wind energy sector at present on behalf of a growing and entrepreneurial company for an experienced wind gearbox engineer to lead our wind gearbox activities. This is an exciting opportunity to build and deliver the gearbox service offering. Ideally based in Irvine/Glasgow the role will involve extensive travel to on and offshore wind farms in the UK. Competitive package is available based on experience.
- Carry out Wind Gearbox Inspections using endoscopic methods with detailed reports and expert analysis
- Carry out Vibration analysis, Thermal Imaging and Ultrasound bearing acoustic analysis to help fault finding on WTG plant & equipment
- Preparation of engineering technical reports for clients/customers on drivetrains. End of warranty, due diligence and quality inspections & reporting
- Wind gearbox change-outs
- Wind gearbox training course(s)
- Industrial gearbox inspections and repairs
Our client would support the Lead Service Engineer in these areas by actively promoting these services to existing and new clients; managing the sales order process, coordinating logistics for all jobs and handling all paperwork through to cash receipt. Would be expected to utilise their own network to develop and convert sales leads and ensure at all times the highest quality work, competed safely. Over time, there will be opportunities to develop the scope and scale of the gearbox services and they would expect to work closely with you to do so.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in wind gearbox inspections, analysis and repairs
- Mechanical engineering background
- Good technical knowledge of Winergy, Hansen, Bosch, Moventas etc gearboxes
- Working knowledge of UK H&S requirements and standards, including Wind Turbine Safety Rules
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A full UK driving licence
- The right candidate for the job will receive full training on our services.
- Employment is offered subject to satisfactory reference and disclosure check.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.