Microsoft 365 Exchange & Office Administrator
Eden Scott's has an excellent opportunity for a Microsoft 365 Exchange and Office Administrator to join a prestigious university that will have responsibility for Microsoft 365 Exchange and Office services and applications.
You will provide expert specialist and technical knowledge of Windows Server based systems to provide robust services to students and staff. You will design and deliver secure and resilient IT solutions to meet a diverse range of academic, research and business scenarios.
- Senior technical contact for Microsoft 365 Exchange and Office service delivery and support, and member of the University's Microsoft 365 global platform administration team accountable for all aspects of this system.
- Assess customer needs and provide expert IT solution advice and design for a diverse range of academic and business requirements. Lead in the design of high availability infrastructure to support new corporate applications.
- Keep up to date with all relevant security developments for the systems and ensure that risks to the University are pro-actively identified and mitigating actions put in place in collaboration with the Information Security and Networks teams. Further, ensure that the overall security posture of the systems is monitoring and appropriately managed.
- Stay abreast of changes in the rapidly advancing Microsoft O365 service and apply this knowledge to the continuous improvement of services. Analyse and disseminate relevant insight of the Office 365 Apps/Exchange service roadmap (additions, changes, issues and solutions) to the other members of the team, so they can provide help to staff & students more effectively.
- Additionally, assist the wider team with the management of the Hyper-V estate taking responsibility for ongoing operations and continuous service improvements.
- Utilising expert knowledge of Windows systems undertake installation and configuration of physical and virtual servers for staff.
- Assess the suitability of different cloud and physical infrastructure options to meet business needs applying professional judgement to select the best solution and configure applications to deploy the resulting service design.
- Plan and implement short and long-term changes to mitigate security vulnerabilities, liaise with the IT Security Team and appropriate technical / business colleagues to agree schedules incorporating effective risk assessment and impact on the service users
- Proactive risk management via infrastructure monitoring to minimise service outage by diagnosing and fixing issues before they become critical. Identify complex cross-functional issues and collaborate across different service teams to resolve them.
- Analyse and write concise reports for IT management making recommendations on options identified for service improvement for the benefit of users and ensure investment planning is undertaken in line with the planning cycles. Provide regular management highlight reports on plans and progress on the resulting initiatives.
- Proactively manage complex escalated calls from first and second line, providing a fast response.
- Use authoritative knowledge of Microsoft server technologies to Investigate, diagnose & solve problems involving interdependent services on a heterogenous infrastructure, coordinating with colleagues across teams
- Experience of working with Exchange Online and Exchange on-premise in an complex enterprise-scale organisation
- In depth experience as a Microsoft 365 global systems administrator
- Broad experience of evaluating, integrating & configuring Office 365 Apps
- Experience of managing Windows servers & hypervisors.
- Experience of providing guidance and support to customers on the most suitable solution.
- Broad experience of configuring applications and hardware to mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Experience of using in-depth technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies to identity options for improvement and influence strategy decisions accordingly
- Experience of supporting Linux, Windows & MacOS devices in a heterogenous environment
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment.
- Orchestration skills in a large environment
- Containerisation technologies in a large environment
This is a key role in the Systems & Technologies senior team and will be responsible for devising highly secure and effective solutions that meet the changing digital needs of all staff and students.
Benefits package include:
- 35 hour flexible working week
- 40 days leave (including public holidays)
- Generous pension scheme
- Access to a newly developed state-of-the-art gym with a pool
- Annual performance-related payment for the top 10% performers
- Exclusive discounts from high street retailers
- Access to 24-hour, 365-day confidential employee support service
- Fantastic working environment
Role will have a blended work pattern - few days in office and rest on WFH basis.