Our public sector client has an immediate opening for a Project Manager on an initial contract basis until September 2021. This role will be on a salary pro- rata basis rather than daily rate, within range of £40,276 - £46,945.
You will lead on the management and delivery of key strategic project, be responsible for all project management activity including project planning, project governance, managing project interdependencies affecting the project , project reporting, project benefits realisation, project resources and budget.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an Agile Project management role managing Azure (or other cloud based deployments) and ideally data warehouse.
- Draft and present reports to the Programme Board and other Boards and Committees involved in the overall governance structure for the work.
- develop and maintain influential relationships with internal departments and external partners required for the successful delivery of the Programme and will lead commissioning activities to support project delivery.
- Ensure that the agreed project management methodologies are deployed to achieve service standards, identifying milestones, measures, impact and outcomes.
- Develop and maintain the Project Plan exercising change control when appropriate to ensure that agreed project timescales are adhered to
- Direct and monitor the work of project teams and work streams within the programme to ensure that the Project delivers on time, to budget and that project interdependencies are identified and actively manage
- Risk / Issue Management: Identify and manage problems, risks and issues which may affect the successful delivery of the Project, initiating or escalating corrective action as appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of the project budget management to ensure the Project is kept on track and that delivery is within the allocated budgets.
- Manage the Project Governance to ensure that Programme and Project management procedures are adhered to within a formal governance structure and support the running of the Project, completing all required reporting
- Reporting progress against all plans at a directorate level and to the relevant project meetings, boards and other external bodies
- Maintain awareness of the national policy agenda that influences the successful delivery of the Project
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and represent the Project and at relevant meetings, including relationships for all 3rd party contributions to Projects
- Project Management experience preferably within a structured programme or portfolio environment
- Experience of working closely with key stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing projects within agreed timescales
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling Projects
- Accustomed to delivering in demanding and high paced organisations
- People management experience
- Experience of working in an innovative environment
- Confident and competent in all IT applications in particular Microsoft Office applications including MS project and vision
- Good knowledge of Project management methods including PRINCE2 , APMP , PMP or equivalent PM methodologies
- Experience of working in an Agile Project management role managing Azure (or other cloud based deployments) and ideally data warehouse
- Able to demonstrate experience in change management projects
- Experience of procurement and commissioning processes including negotiation with 3rd parties
- Experience with working on a data analytics project/programme would be advantageous
- Good commercial acumen and focused to achieve results
- Sound business case development and approvals skills
For further information please apply ASAP.
Role will be on a WFH basis.