Senior Data Analyst
Exciting opportunity for an experienced Staff Data Analyst (Remote) to join an established global fintech who are a world-class provider of payments related software and technology.
This is a unique opportunity to help establish a Data Analytics team with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on growth and industry-changing strategic objectives.
They are looking for a uniquely talented individual who can turn data into insight and action. A Data Analyst that consults with internal/external stakeholders to understand their business questions and then delivers analyses to meet those needs.
Along the way, raw data is captured and understood, data pipelines and processing defined, and visualisations built. The result helps optimize their stakeholder experience and complements the business functions.
You will possess strong critical thinking skills, navigate various data environments, hands-on technical expertise in data, and a drive to understand their business.
The successful candidate will be a thought partner to the stakeholder community and help them understand data and generate further questions. You will dig into raw and processed data (e.g., backend DBs, Google Analytics, and event/message data), transform information into visualisations/self-service reporting using Looker, R, Excel, etc., and effectively articulate the story behind the data.
The role involves close interaction with product management, user design groups, data engineers, and software development teams. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be a necessity.
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize, scope, and perform in-depth analyses that drive and inform strategic decisions, primarily related to portfolio assessment, financial modelling, and growth initiatives.
- Develop insights to answer complex questions via thorough and well-designed data analyses using Looker, SQL, R, and other tools to optimize learning outcomes.
- Oversee advanced data analytics and interpretation, define key performance indicators and other performance metrics, and create advanced forecasting and statistical models to predict portfolio behaviour.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering teams to map source data, create data pipelines, and define business rules and reporting requirements to support business units with the onboarding of new data.
- Provide thought leadership with internal stakeholders so that they may be able to better leverage insights.
- Drive optimization and data-minded culture inside the company.
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure that analytical insights can be incorporated into critical decision-making.
- Connect with Product and Engineering teams to produce instrumentation to generate insightful measurements on their new and existing products.
- Identify information and visualizations required to tell a compelling and meaningful story using data, establish baselines, and monitor growth or decline in metrics.
- Contribute to tools, documentation, and instruction to enable their customers to use data independently increasingly.
- Serve as a point of contact with their business partners and cross-functional teams for the day-to-day management of the Data Analytics program.
- Help create and maintain the plan, schedules, and other documentation required to manage deliverables to their customers effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 10+ years of experience with advanced SQL Knowledge (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience with reporting/visualization tools, design, and standards - Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Looker / LookML highly desired.
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Understanding of both deterministic and probabilistic modelling techniques and concepts.
- Strong understanding of data preparation, processing, and classification.
- Proficiency with Python or R
- Familiarity with the software product lifecycle.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including understanding and applying stakeholder requirements, drawing out unforeseen implications, and making design recommendations.
- The ability to define design reasoning and understand potential impacts of design requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of taking solution ownership.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Unlimited holidays
- A one-time, tax-free allowance of up to £500 for the employee to build out a comfortable home-office, including desk, chair, lighting etc.
- A monthly subsidy of £50 towards expenses incurred as part of running a home office.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth organisation where you will have significant input into the build and design of systems and have exposure to cutting edge technologies.