Senior Software Engineer - remote
Exciting opportunity for a high calibre Senior Software Engineer to join an established global fintech who are a world-class provider of payments related software and technology. You will be responsible for the design and development of backend, service, and portal systems that reside on payment processing platforms.
As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, you will engage with a variety of languages, frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques, including Behavioural Driven Development, and CI/CD.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. The working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
* Understand merchant and partner needs, problems, and expectations and take action to address expectations through high quality, innovative solutions that deliver value to customers.
* Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
* Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time - they build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours.
* Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate.
* Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and their production data centre - the team is responsible for Requirements Analysis through to Release.
* Be a team player and role model, exhibiting a professional attitude, building work relationships, demonstrating flexibility, and supporting workplace ethics.
* 8-10 years in a Software Engineering position.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
* Experience in server-side product development.
* Expertise in at least one OO language (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby, Go).
* Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
* Expected to be self-starters who can operate well under a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organisational skills.
* Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions.
* Technical leader and coach, aware of the applicability of new technologies.
* Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure.
* Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions, and experiment to validate approaches.
* Excels at grasping existing code and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code.
* Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
* Strong communication skills.
* Willingness to work as part of a team.
- Unlimited holidays
- A one-time, tax-free allowance of up to £500 for the employee to build out a comfortable home-office, including desk, chair, lighting etc.
- A monthly subsidy of £50 towards expenses incurred as part of running a home-office.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high growth organisation where you will have significant input into the build and design of systems and have exposure to cutting edge technologies.